Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Brothers and Sisters.

[To everyone else... sorry....as if we're not snobs enough already - driving FJs and all - we have to go and be exclusive about the color of the one we drive. :lol: :rofl: ....oh well....we know you're patient with us in our shallow, conceited bliss ;)]

Anyway, we'll use this thread to discuss anything Sandstorm-specific from the 2008 Summit.

Of course, there's not much, other than the 'Family Photo' gathering on Wednesday, and the fact that I totally dropped the ball and forgot to call Bob (BOBTAILFJ) back to get him (you) up there (man! I'm an idiot - I'm so sorry Brother), but if anyone has anything else to add to (or subtract from) what I've included above, please chime in.

steven

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: the Family photo gathering... thanks All.
I really enjoyed getting together with you and doign that.

...and sorry again to Bob.

I will post photos from the event here in this thread (and on Sandi's website) sometime soon (within a few days for sure).

steven

p.s. I will also edit this post with a list a list of the brothers/sisters in attendance once I get my head on straight (oh, those Colorado drivers) and check the photos and video from the event - to make sure I don't leave anyone out (because that's becoming a thing for me I guess).

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
I'll post a couple of shots as well when I get things in order Steven. :)

BTW, 26 hours of driving and I got home 11:50 pm Sunday night. Good thing I left when I did so I can get a few hours sleep before working.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi James.
I'm glad to hear you made it home OK.

It was great to meet you, and I really enjoyed hanging out with you and Ted this past week. :cheers:

I suppose we'll have to wait till next Summit to get together again, but if you're ever in our area, let me know. We'll hook up for sure (and you always have a guest room waiting for you back here in Paradise). :wave:

steven

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Woodsman's ride somewhere along Ophir, I think

Woodsman's ride somewhere along the Alpine Loop

Following Komombo and Ocr14a along that "secret" trail

Komombo turning around at end of the trail

Ocr14a turning around at end of the trail

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
The Sandstorm family photo gathering.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Nice photos! Maybe next year I can work this into my schedule and get to go to the family reunion:)

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Nice photos! Maybe next year I can work this into my schedule and get to go to the family reunion:)
That would be great . . . and hopefully this year's attendees can all get back there again next year. We know that we missed some Sandstorms that either we didn't know would be there or folks that haven't participated in the Sandstorm thread.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, James.
Very cool seeing Sandi with her back end up in the air like that. :)

Sorry again for the pin-striping I forgot to tell everyone about. :worried:

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
I haven't even washed mine yet but it appeared the pinstriping may just be in the dirt on the sides. Either way, it's not like it a friggin' Escalade. Let there be pinstripes !

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That would be great . . .
Indeed.

. . . and hopefully this year's attendees can all get back there again next year. We know that we missed some Sandstorms that either we didn't know would be there or folks that haven't participated in the Sandstorm thread.
...that and me forgetting to call them for the photo shoot....sorry again, Bob.

Ya, we'll have Sandi there again for sure. Hopefully I'll get that brain surgery I need to make sure I catually follow through with the plan next time.....on second thought, I don't suppose you'll let me take lead on communications next time. :lol:

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
The family pictures are so cool......Just another way the FJ becomes more a way of life than just a truck. We were out last night to get a coffee and saw a nice Ti and as he turned off the street we were on my gf says "Aren't you going to follow him?".......lol....I have to say I thought about it. He had nicer wheels that me....lucky guy.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Thanks Steven and James for kick starting this thread. I will try to post my few photos tonight when I return from work. I can't believe how tired I was when I got home last night. I know I am going to be mostly ineffective when I return to work today, especially with the PTOD (Post Traumatic Ouray Syndrome) symptoms: depression, uncontrollable flashback smiling, staring into the horizon to see the mountains (in mind's eye), sobbing when driving by a trail while on tarmac, etc.

It was such a pleasure meeting everyone. This SS family is truly awesome, and hopefully next year we work together to organize some SS specific events and rides.

Cheers,
K.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Thanks Steven and James for kick starting this thread. I will try to post my few photos tonight when I return from work. I can't believe how tired I was when I got home last night. I know I am going to be mostly ineffective when I return to work today, especially with the PTOD (Post Traumatic Ouray Syndrome) symptoms: depression, uncontrollable flashback smiling, staring into the horizon to see the mountains (in mind's eye), sobbing when driving by a trail while on tarmac, etc.

It was such a pleasure meeting everyone. This SS family is truly awesome, and hopefully next year we work together to organize some SS specific events and rides.

Cheers,
K.
I get depressed every time I come home from a vacation as well. Sometimes I wish I had a job that would require some travelling but then I would either wish I was home more or the places I would be required to travel to would not be to my liking. Can't win.

We did have a nice little gathering at the photo shoot but we should have something like a "Sandstorm Social" maybe at Billy Goats or the KOA and at least one or more Sandstorm trail-runs maybe on some of the less common or lesser used trails around Ouray.

I'm am happy to have met you all and look forward to the day our paths cross again . . . I just wish it wasn't such a long drive.

BTW, I posted some panoramic pictures under the panoramic thread and some other photos under the 2008 photo thread.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I get depressed every time I come home from a vacation as well. Sometimes I wish I had a job that would require some travelling but then I would either wish I was home more or the places I would be required to travel to would not be to my liking. Can't win.

We did have a nice little gathering at the photo shoot but we should have something like a "Sandstorm Social" maybe at Billy Goats or the KOA and at least one or more Sandstorm trail-runs maybe on some of the less common or lesser used trails around Ouray.

I'm am happy to have met you all and look forward to the day our paths cross again . . . I just wish it wasn't such a long drive.

BTW, I posted some panoramic pictures under the panoramic thread and some other photos under the 2008 photo thread.
Yes I agree with all you said. Next time around, I'll work with Steven, you, and any other SS brothers/sisters to organize better and build a tighter SS subgroup.
Cheers to all.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hey Sandstormers,

Sorry I missed the photo op at Ouray, looked really cool.

It was also great meeting you all, some of the nicest folks have a Sandstorm FJ...

Anyway, will post some photos soon, I too have not washed mine yet either.

When I do Ouray will all but be a memory, so for now I am carrying around that dirt a few more days.

Talk to you all soon!

Chris

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Sandstormers,

It was also great meeting you all, some of the nicest folks have a Sandstorm FJ...

When I do Ouray will all but be a memory, so for now I am carrying around that dirt a few more days.

Talk to you all soon!

Chris
It was great to meet you Chris - even if a bit too late :)
Hopefully we'll see you on some trails this summer.

Do you know about the Colorado Trail Runs thread?
We'll be going out with BigBlu from Chicago on Aug. 3 & 4.
Also, there's a camping trip, tentatively planned for Aug. 22-24.

steven

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Hey Sandstormers,

Talk to you all soon!

Chris
It was indeed very very nice to meet you and your family :wave: and we agree, the SS owners are the nicest bunch (including the Ouray Sheriff!!). I am having the same Ouray/Summit withdrawal syndrome especially when I look at all the pics posted and such. Oh well, there's always the next event to look forward to, even if not a full-on summit.

I will add you to the list of SS owners, but if you don't mind, can you please provide the date of possession of your FJ?

Salutes and cheers to you our newest brother (so far) :wave::wave::wave:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hi Cal, We bought our FJ in February, 2008!

Steven, I will look at the dates, I really would like to do both events if I can.

I am doing Moab with my mtn bike buddies over labor day, should be too hot to mtn bike, so I am hoping to do some trails in the FJ.

Also, I am looking to do some local trails in Idaho Springs and there is a tough trail on the way to Buena Vista, can't think of the name right now. I want to do that also.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts