Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, I just bought a 4x4 FJ that only has 57k miles. I need to know what do you guys recommend doing to her to make sure she's in tip top condition. Spark plugs/fluids, ideas?

I want to know what to do to her to make her run forever! thanks.

·
Registered
2011 FJ - Iceberg White
61 Posts
Congrats on the new rig, I just got mine with 63k. I was able to verify with maintenance records it just had the full 60k service done at a dealer.

Sent from my S3_Pro using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,615 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'd check brakes, flush trans, diff, and axle fluids. That's the perfect mileage to set a precedence of fresh fluid changes imo. Being the age, grease all the zerks while down there..

·
Registered
798 Posts
As the title states, I just bought a 4x4 FJ that only has 57k miles. I need to know what do you guys recommend doing to her to make sure she's in tip top condition. Spark plugs/fluids, ideas?

I want to know what to do to her to make her run forever! thanks.
First thing you need to do is throw up some pics so we can see her!

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :)

·
Premium Member
12,310 Posts
Breathe. Once the excitement of owing an FJ quells (some) think any spending through. It is very easy to go way overboard, buy items out of your projected scope of use etc. with the FJ.

Hide your wallet while cruising the forum......

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Breathe. Once the excitement of owing an FJ quells (some) think any spending through. It is very easy to go way overboard, buy items out of your projected scope of use etc. with the FJ.

Hide your wallet while cruising the forum......
warning.jpg

·
Registered
815 Posts
Hi pcruz90, welcome from Ohio!
Check the recommend service items, assume anything there's no previous record for wasn't done, inspect these items, and prioritize. Most of all, Have A Lot Fun :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Congratulations! After you catch up on some maintenance as others have recommended, pick something that really makes you happy😁

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
"I want to know what to do to her to make her run forever!"

Toyota already took care of most of what you will need for that. Keep up the fluid change intervals in the manual, and add the two they forgot to mention: brake fluid (ideally, every two years, but at LEAST every 5 years) and power steering fluid (every 50k miles). If you really want to go hardcore, watch the videos made of the million mile Tundras, and what their owners, and their servicing dealers did to get there. Mainly what they did was replace the fluids more frequently than the manual called for.

What will kill your truck is rust. Unless you live in southern California, or Phoenix, it will rust and die way before anything else wears out. Do a search on this forum on the word "rust" and you'll see the same advice over and over, recommended materials and do them. Minimum is apply fluid film every fall. Master class is to scrape/sand all existing rust, apply high quality primer and paint, then body wax, and then FF over that, and re-apply the wax and FF every fall.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts