Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I've been the very proud owner of a 2008 FJ for 2 months now after searching and pining for one for a solid year. Although I was a little bamboozled when purchasing it (all white and silver features blacked out, with TRD stickers pasted to the sides) I was already well in love and too happy with my purchase that I didn't care I was the owner of a Upgrade package C, and not an actual TRD Special Edition.
I am in Canada, and just got my winter tires put on, and my mechanic ( who luckily is also my brother in law) was super impressed with the condition it is in. There is a lot of salt on the roads here, and the previous owners had been sure to undercoat.
Short story very long, he showed my my ugly rusty skid plate and said it wasnt a big deal to get a new one, but it was ugly. So I was just seeing what options were out there for skid plates? As a 28 year old female who previously owned a subaru outback I have no idea what or where to look for a skid plate, but I did see you can get some cool looking colored ones! Also do some push bars/bull bar have the skid plates attached?
My other question is, does anyone have any recommendations for seat covers? I don't mind spending a bit if they're good and easy to clean.I purchased some cheap ones on amazon but man oh man do they ever attract the dog hair!

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi everyone. I've been the very proud owner of a 2008 FJ for 2 months now after searching and pining for one for a solid year. Although I was a little bamboozled when purchasing it (all white and silver features blacked out, with TRD stickers pasted to the sides) I was already well in love and too happy with my purchase that I didn't care I was the owner of a Upgrade package C, and not an actual TRD Special Edition.
I am in Canada, and just got my winter tires put on, and my mechanic ( who luckily is also my brother in law) was super impressed with the condition it is in. There is a lot of salt on the roads here, and the previous owners had been sure to undercoat.
Short story very long, he showed my my ugly rusty skid plate and said it wasnt a big deal to get a new one, but it was ugly. So I was just seeing what options were out there for skid plates? As a 28 year old female who previously owned a subaru outback I have no idea what or where to look for a skid plate, but I did see you can get some cool looking colored ones! Also do some push bars/bull bar have the skid plates attached?
My other question is, does anyone have any recommendations for seat covers? I don't mind spending a bit if they're good and easy to clean.I purchased some cheap ones on amazon but man oh man do they ever attract the dog hair!
Congrats. That’s a great looking ride.

I have black wet okole seat covers and I don’t recommend them if you’re looking to hide dog hair. My dogs seldom ride in my fj but hair often ends up stuck to them.

·
Premium Member
2,417 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :)

Lots of options for skids. I have Ricochet skids.
What skid are you looking for. Bash plate that covers hole behind bumper (not all FJ's have it) or the engine skid.
The Ricochet skid covers both, combination bash plate and engine.
Depending on how/where you are driving that's all you may need.

Get some more input, there are LOTS of options

Lee

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Welcome! I purchased some from Seatcoversunlimited even before I got my grubby little paws on my FJ. They are pretty easy to clean unless it's something like tar or blood. Don't ask, I'm clumsy. People comment that they look stock so I suppose that's a win!
As far as skids go, I've got my eye on some used Ricochet skids but I see a lot of comments about Bud Built skids. Basically, you want to look for ones that have a good smell, aren't made of acetaminophen and can handle the hot summers in Canada. If you can't find any with those limitations, then look at what the members use.

BTW - the doggo on the right, if he/she ever needs a job....

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hi kirzzin, welcome from central Ohio!
Good looking FJ, better looking pups!! 🐶

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
welcome

·
Premium Member
16,373 Posts