Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm gonna build some for the Suburban just to keep the memory. Thanks Brad.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, don't delay please. If you're interested, get busy. I am going to relinquish command of this FJ very soon.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great looking rig!! Any new pics? Interior?

Would a 4Runner be big enough or are you set on a Suburban?

BTW, is that a Heep in the background?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man I wish I only needed a 4Runner but I also have a 2000 Landcruiser that I can't use...mostly due to mileage but it's not got the towing capacity.

I'm uploading 49 pics to photobucket as I type.

Yes, it was a Heep in the background. It transformed into a 1984 FJ60 LC then a 2000 LC. The 2000 seems to have found it's home but I really miss "Penelope" the '84 Cruiser

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So no offers with all those views. Bummer. Looks like we're all sitting on a bunch of bad eggs guys. This beast will be on auction soon. I hope one of you gets lucky and wins it. I'll miss this truck.

Seriously, I'm not bluffing. I will be trading this in on my next vehicle by next week. If you're interested, please get in touch with me so we can work out delivery. I'm not a BS'er but I do move quickly on vehicles. This is the longest I've kept one since 1996...it was a cherokee.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Kosmo, have you checked trade-in value on your FJ ? They seem to be paying surprising amounts these days compared to the past.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not yet, probably will today when I go to see the Suburban. I usually trade in since it is MUCH easier.

Honestly, I was hoping someone here would pick up a great deal. If I was in the market for an FJ, this would be the place to find one. I'm not the only one selling on here and there seems to be all levels of customization available. Great deals to be had compared to new price. I'd really love to be able to keep this AND buy a tow vehicle but it's not in the cards.

-Andy

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, as a dealer, you are looking for under 75K miles? I really find it interesting that so many dealers ask if I know what it's worth. I figured it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. KBB is only right until you tell a dealer that you've seen that figure. I've had three dealers tell me I should look at KBB to see what it's worth. The same dealers have told me that KBB isn't usually correct when I've been in to inquire about a car in the past. If you mention KBB, then NADA is the bible and visa versa.

Like I said, I go through trucks quickly. I hate, literally hate, to get out of this FJC. Is there a drop in kit to give the FJC a 10K pound towing capacity?

WNcruiser, if you're a dealer, you already have a price in mind. I didn't make it up to my dealer to get a price. What's your offer?

·
Registered
8,955 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
So, as a dealer, you are looking for under 75K miles? I really find it interesting that so many dealers ask if I know what it's worth. I figured it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. KBB is only right until you tell a dealer that you've seen that figure. I've had three dealers tell me I should look at KBB to see what it's worth. The same dealers have told me that KBB isn't usually correct when I've been in to inquire about a car in the past. If you mention KBB, then NADA is the bible and visa versa.

Like I said, I go through trucks quickly. I hate, literally hate, to get out of this FJC. Is there a drop in kit to give the FJC a 10K pound towing capacity?

WNcruiser, if you're a dealer, you already have a price in mind. I didn't make it up to my dealer to get a price. What's your offer?
You are correct in that dealers, private parties and anyone else is going to use whatever book best fits their agenda. Black, Blue, Purple or Green, doesn't matter. My problem with book pricing is that NONE of these books will write you a check for what they say its worth. In short, you are correct, its worth what someone will PAY you for it. And while dealers are interested in higher mileage cars, the current inflated pricing of used cars applies to late model, like new types, not cars well out of warranty. Values are also high on older cars (10 years as an example), like Civics, Accords, Camrys, etc. Everyone want cheap cars. Your FJ falls into the land of not cheap, and too many miles to certify and get premium financing on. PM me the vin and I will put a hard number on it for you. Thanks, Jeremy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Really interested, I currently have a 2007 Black 4x2 FJC that I bought for 20k in '09, and I've been wanting to upgrade to a 4x4 for some time now. With the extras included here, that makes for a great deal for sure, whoever ends up getting it will be one fortunate individual!

As a poor college student I need to get the one I have now to selling condition and get rid of that one first. I'll see if anything can't be done expediently.

-Alsosprach

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Love the Art WORK !.... :cheers:

BUMPP for YOU and the KICK ARSE SLIDERS !.... :rocker:
Thanks Bandi! We found that in a bar in Puerto Rico and thought it was perfect for a photo.

I get alot of compliments on the sliders and it is really nice when it's something you've built yourself. Bandi mount was awesome too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts