Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
The FJ's look kinda sinister here, reminds me of those Raptors on Jurrassic Park, this time getting ready to stalk and pounce on some heeps that wander by unknowlingly...

Best Western Twin Peaks

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
and only one wrong turn today!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
My photos are at .Mac Web Gallery.

If anyone has photos of me send them to [email protected]. You have to only send them only one at a time!

Thanks!

Ntrprize aka Steven

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
the pictures are great, never bin to that part of our country, i envy all of you people out there

·
Registered
52 Posts
Chris Sandstone FJ was our LeaderWizard. Our trip included driving into Telluride to view the spectacular waterfall as well as the Ophir Pass. (Thurs. July 17) Here are a few pictures of our adventure.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Nice shots guys. How's the air temp?

·
Wanderlust
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Last Dollar Road
This is the easiest trail around Ouray and can be done in 2WD unless it's been raining and the steep sections become very slick like today.

Keystone Overlook near Telluride

While we were out on our trail runs, the Ouray Sheriff showed up at the Best Western. BTW, the Ouray Sheriff Dept has three FJCs and these two both have ICON front coilovers.

·
Registered
247 Posts
So Sweet !! What a wonderful place to explore. IF Lewis and Clark could have picked a rig over a horse I know they would have picked the FJ !!

I really dig the FJ's the Sheriff's have !! What a cool place to see ! LikeDisney land for the FJ/outdoors peeps !!

This thread is like getting postcards from friends who are on a great vacation.

Thanks !!

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Ah, sweet memories.

AIR2AIR destroys my favorite recovery strap. (do you see remorse on his face?)

This isn't road kill - though it doesn't mean that he didn't end up that way later in the day. The woodchuck is at least 2000 feet above timberline. So how much wood does a woodchuck need to chuck -- the eternal question.....

There will be at least a thousand photos taken of summit attendees standing next to the many summit signs. This (Mr/Mrs UPHILL) is but one.

MOUNTAIN MAN (Taft) on :worried: the mountain.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I can't post piks from Ouray yet but just want to say that the hosts/volunteers have put on a heck of an event.

Anyone who has ever hosted an event knows how much goes into it and that trying to keep several hundred people happy is a real challenge. The 2008 Summit is running smoothly and everyone seems to be having a great time.

Trails are wet and dry, some have been rained/sleeted/hailed on while out. Trail Teams and other volunteers (i.e. LandCruiserSteve) are putting on valuable training. The vendor support is wonderful too--thank you guys and gals!

I learned so much out on Corkscrew and California Gulch today--sounds silly but it was the first time I ever needed my A-Trak. Push of a button and the slipping stopped and I was over the obstacle.

Thanks to Mud (leader) and Matt (tailgunner) for a great run today!

Doing something like this has been on my "Bucketlist" for many years. I am so glad that I came to Ouray with an FJ! :clap:

Mike

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
It was a great day to be wheelin'. I made lots of great new friends with a common interest, FJ's and great wheelin.

IMOGENE PASS 9:30 GROUP WITH AIR2AIR LEADING.

MY SANDSTORM WITH BRIDAL VEIL FALLS/BLACK BEAR PASS BEHIND,

Black Bear Pass tomorrow. More fun with more friends.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Stunning photos. What a beautiful place.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
These pictures are just reconfirming my plan on going next year. Keep the pics coming.
FJfunjunkie, those are some great landscape shots. Very beautiful.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Great shots everyone! Keep 'em coming!

Thong - especially nice landscape shots....man, it's just beautiful up there! I gotta go!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
41 - 60 of 226 Posts