Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 TOYOTA FJ Cruiser Trail Teams Special Edition For Sale
This rare survivor (one of less than 3200 Trail Team units produced in 2008 with Automatic Transmission) is an accident free/ two owner 2008 FJ Cruiser and features the first-ever monotone iceberg white roof and body with black trim, while additional exterior features include black front/rear bumper end caps, front grille surround, exterior mirrors and door handles. Trail Teams badges are on the rear door and glove box.

Inside, the FJ Cruiser Trail Teams Edition’s standard features include a leather-trimmed steering wheel with audio controls, white color-keyed door trim and instrument panel trim, AM/FM six CD/nine-speaker audio system ( including factory subwoofer) with MP3 player and 12-volt and 115-volt auxiliary power outlets. 2nd owner had Crutchfield add auxiliary amp (under passengers seat) and upgrade stock speakers.

Additional standard equipment on the FJ Cruiser Trail Teams Edition include trail-tuned Bilstein shock absorbers, Michelin LTX Tires on custom black 16-inch TRD alloy wheels, Cyclone air cleaner (with K&N filter), 4 wheel HI, 4 wheel LO, rear differential lock and A-TRAC, TRD exhaust system, rock rails, all-weather floor and cargo mats, front bumper-mounted auxiliary fog lights, and front and rear skid plates.

This Toyota FJ cruiser Trail Teams edition has been kept and maintained mostly stock (no lifts or suspension mods) 2nd owner has maintenance records since 13000 miles. Car has been used to haul canoes and bikes but not off roading in rocks, just occasional visits to the beach/ Outer banks. This FJ recently turned over 255K mostly highway miles. Recent preventative maintenance performed by certified mechanic includes new radiator 2020, new rear shocks 2021, new belts and hoses 2020, car runs great and recently completed trips to Florida and Colorado in 2020.

Body panels are straight and clean, hood and a pillars have a few paint chips and paint is freshly waxed. Front drivers seat is original and shows pretty standard wear hole on back seat cushion on left side, this could be patched by a good upholsterer or the entire seat could be easily covered or replaced by new owner.

With Toyota discontinuing import of the iconic Landcruiser to the US market in 2022 ( MSRP near 90K), and FJ Cruisers out of production since 2014, this First year 2008 FJ cruiser Trail teams special edition has become very desirable and they maintain their resale value better than almost any other vehicle. The FJ Cruiser is a very capable 4x4 alternative to a NEW Toyota 4Runner TRD Off road model (MSRP in mid $40K range) and leaves you a budget for lots of road trips, gas or future customization. The FJ Cruisers distinctive style also makes it VERY easy to find in the parking lot. First $12,000 cash buyer takes it home. All offers considered, no trades except kevlar canoes, no joy rides, no financing. Located in Solomons MD.

·
Premium Member
7,162 Posts
Bringing back old memories of Solomon's Island and fishing with my father down there, as a kid in the early 60's. That view is very familiar of the water. Tell these boys how great the crab cake sandwich is at Stoney's Kingfisher. There used to be mountains of oyster shells and a processing plants right next to this locale. Hope you get this sold! That's a great deal ! All highway miles up and down Rt. 4 and 2, I'm sure. You just made a Maryland boy's day!

Reactions: BlueRidgeCruiser

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is this still available?
Hi Ghost FJ22, Yes the FJ is still available, but the drivers seat is out of FJ getting seat cover tear repaired, so hope it will be back from upholsterer friend by the 24th, so you and others can drive it. End of that week might work if you want to take a look, where are you coming from? Cheers Elliott

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bringing back old memories of Solomon's Island and fishing with my father down there, as a kid in the early 60's. That view is very familiar of the water. Tell these boys how great the crab cake sandwich is at Stoney's Kingfisher. There used to be mountains of oyster shells and a processing plants right next to this locale. Hope you get this sold! That's a great deal ! All highway miles up and down Rt. 4 and 2, I'm sure. You just made a Maryland boy's day!
Stoneys is still the place for a crab cake in Solomons.... unless my wife is making them!

·
17,358 Posts
I sent a PM/email to update.

Reactions: GhostFJ22

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Curious if the FJ is still available. Apparently I can’t PM for some reason. please let me know at [email protected]. Thank you.
Still available, sorry I was away from computer for a week! The drivers seat is at the upholsterer and she just got the OEM material, not sure when she'll have it back... waiting,,,,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
H20RATT, I sent a PM so our discussion doesn't highjack or derail your for sale thread
Ghost, the seat is being repaired and while available, hard to drive till the seat comes back. Sorry for delay I was on a boat away from computers for a week. Im also not sure where or if I saw your PM? I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have and once seat is repaired you are welcome to come take a look.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ghost, the seat is being repaired and while available, hard to drive till the seat comes back. Sorry for delay I was on a boat away from computers for a week. Im also not sure where or if I saw your PM? I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have and once seat is repaired you are welcome to come take a look.
No worries at all sir! I am glad you could get away and relax for a bit. Also, I am in no rush so I have no problem waiting for the vehicle to be ready to show. As for the PM, it should be in the "Conversations" box. You access it through clicking your avatar in the top right section of the webpage. If you don't find it, let me know and I will send over my email address.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Ghost FJ22, Yes the FJ is still available, but the drivers seat is out of FJ getting seat cover tear repaired, so hope it will be back from upholsterer friend by the 24th, so you and others can drive it. End of that week might work if you want to take a look, where are you coming from? Cheers Elliott
Hi Ghost, Got the Seat back and installed last weekend, looks great let me know if you are still interested in seeing it. Cheers Elliott

1 - 20 of 23 Posts