1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Man, I would love to go. I wish we were close enough. It would even be cool to fly out on a hop, but even the hops are spendy right now with gas prices.

Great drop Chats. Hope a lot of people show up!

Mike

·
Registered
550 Posts
Awww man!! I LOVE SUSHI & SAKE!! I'll be in Boston this weekend, so can't go. :( Truly unfortunate!! Maybe all the Socal group should start doing a restaurant run every month. Wouldn't that be cool? :clap:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Oh man, we wanted to go to this. Wife already said probably not though. She is feeding my son (if you know what I mean). Sake and raw anything would not transfer well. I even said she could be my designated driver but she loves sushi as much as I do and would be sooooo jealous.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Sounds like fun! I'm tempted to fly down there just to check it out. :)

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
I'd be so up for the SAKE!!!!!! I don't eat fish tho :worried: yeah I know... I usually find other also japanese cuisine to eat ...mmmmm

·
Registered
550 Posts
HAHAHA Goofball, we already do!

I want to go too, anyone feel like driving? I won't be sober enough to get home or else I would!!
Uhhhh (or should I say Duhhhhh)...is that on a different forum? Can I join even if I don't have an FJ?

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Uhhhh (or should I say Duhhhhh)...is that on a different forum? Can I join even if I don't have an FJ?
of course, we hit up Kobe Shogun last month, this month is a BBQ spot up in rancho Cucamonga. Check out meet N eat on Welcome to the SoCal FJ Cruiser Forums

OK Hijack over, I still wanna go. seriously if anyone is driving up from SD I'll pitch in for fuel.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Be glad none of you went it was a scam!!! $15 to park, $21 to get in and it was basically a swap meet with one booth that sold shots of sake, and one both that sold overpriced sushi that was the quality of supermarket premade sushi. The rest was booths that sold sunglasses, t-shirts, banzai trees, kimonos and other junk. What a joke , I called a left a nasty voicemail to the GM of the Queen Mary he actually returned my call and said he works mon-fri and he wants to talk to me monday am.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Be glad none of you went it was a scam!!! $15 to park, $21 to get in and it was basically a swap meet with one booth that sold shots of sake, and one both that sold overpriced sushi that was the quality of supermarket premade sushi. The rest was booths that sold sunglasses, t-shirts, banzai trees, kimonos and other junk. What a joke , I called a left a nasty voicemail to the GM of the Queen Mary he actually returned my call and said he works mon-fri and he wants to talk to me monday am.
This "Festival" was totally a scam. I am interested to hear what the Queen Mary GM has to say. I didn't have really high expectations, but I wanted some SUSHI...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts