Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed a VSC off switch in my 08 last week by following “Ruebarb’s” instructions & connecting the blue wire w/ yellow stripe to 12v power.

Everything works, and I can turn the vsc back on....until it doesn’t for some reason. As seen in one of the pictures, the “vsc trac” light comes on randomly requiring me to cycle the ignition to turn it off. Any thoughts as to why it’s only happening sometimes?

I may try the other method of just interrupting the signal of the blue wire w/ yellow stripe instead of supplying the side going into the connector with a 12v signal.

Link to mod: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/rollmeover/vsc-switch-atrac-hack-t1307629.html

Thanks in advance!
-Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got the same thing happening. On average, 1 of 4-5 times I use it, the VSC Trac light comes on at some point and I have to cycle the ignition to reset it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I resolved this issue resetting the ECU disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes. Let us know if works on your FJ

·
Registered
5 Posts
I figured out when this happens and how to avoid it. If I "disable" the VSC at full stop or moving very slow, the “vsc trac” light remains off the entire time.
The “vsc trac” light was only coming on when I disabled at speed, say 15+mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts