Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know I planned the event at Boulder Creek with the Trail Teams in attendance. I have had a few people ask me if I was going to do it again. My thought was to put something togeter for late February - Early March at ketemcy. This way people could camp out and not be brutalized by the heat that we endured Fathers Day weekend.

I spoke with Jacque at Trdparts4u about helping out and have emaild the TT. My response from the TT was that the schedule planning had not begun and my response from Jacque was that there are already two events planned around that time.

Trdparts4u is sponsoring their event in January at, I believe, Barnwell, correct me if you know the answer. The other event is in March at Ketemcy and I think it is put on by the Toyota Landcruiser Association. Apparently they have been putting both events on for a few years and the TT has attended the Ketemcy event the past two years.

That being said I am not going to put anything together but I would like to get an FJ contingent to both events.

If you have more info about theese events then lets make plans to be there. Post up info if you find it so that we can get people from all over to attend.

Happy Trails!
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
The January event you mentioned is the Lone Star Toyota Jamboree, and was held the weekend of January 18th this year (and will probably be somewhere around that time again in '09). Barnwell Mountain Offroad Park in Gilmer was where it was held.

I had a great time there, but man it was freezing cold! I'm not camping next year, I'll wuss out and hotel it for the weekend... :)

The park limits the number of attendees to around a 100 vehicles, I believe (to preserve the trails), so when it's announced sign up immediately. We had a lot of FJ's in attendance this year, and it was fun.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jacque told me its the weekend of the 16th-18th.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Barnwell's got a whole range of trails, so it's definitely worth doing.

I want to go to Boulder Creek one of these days, maybe this fall when it's cooler...

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boulder Creek is alright and I think it will get better over time. The problem out there is that trails are either a 1 to easy 3 or a 5-6 so you end up doing the same things over and over. From what I understand Ketemcy is the place. The runs out there are graded properly and there is supposed to be something for everyone.

·
Texican
8,570 Posts
Boulder Creek is alright and I think it will get better over time. The problem out there is that trails are either a 1 to easy 3 or a 5-6 so you end up doing the same things over and over. From what I understand Ketemcy is the place. The runs out there are graded properly and there is supposed to be something for everyone.
Very well said, the LSLC event in March this year was GREAT! While it was cold (24° the first night, 27° the next) it wasn't horrible weather at all. The people were great, the wheeling was great, I wil be going back there again for the 4th Annual LSLC Katemcy Run in '09.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts