Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

181 - 200 of 204 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Will this kit work on the earlier models 07-09?
nope. you dont need this kit for 07-09, but I guess you could modify the windshield washer bottle to work in the same area as 10-12. there are lot more kits out there that work for 07-09 and only this one especially for 13-14.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was going to order this kit on shrockworks and when I read this I have a question. When it says it requires the washer relocation kit, does this mean the whole washer relocation bottle kit or can I just buy it without the bottle and just get whatever hardware is required?

From their wesbite:
Secondary Air Injection Pump Relocation Kit:

As previously mentioned, 2013 and 2014 FJ’s will need to relocate the secondary air injection pump to the passenger rear of the vehicle. This kit allows just that, but*requires the washer fluid reservoir relocation kit for installation.

The kit includes the following:*
- 304 Stainless Steel Mounting Bracket*
- Stainless Coupler*
- Plug and Play Pump Harness Extension*
- Stainless and Silicone Tube Clamp*
- All Hardware to Complete the Installation*

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
I was going to order this kit on shrockworks and when I read this I have a question. When it says it requires the washer relocation kit, does this mean the whole washer relocation bottle kit or can I just buy it without the bottle and just get whatever hardware is required?

From their wesbite:
Secondary Air Injection Pump Relocation Kit:

As previously mentioned, 2013 and 2014 FJ’s will need to relocate the secondary air injection pump to the passenger rear of the vehicle. This kit allows just that, but*requires the washer fluid reservoir relocation kit for installation.

The kit includes the following:*
- 304 Stainless Steel Mounting Bracket*
- Stainless Coupler*
- Plug and Play Pump Harness Extension*
- Stainless and Silicone Tube Clamp*
- All Hardware to Complete the Installation*
You'll want to call to verify this but what I think they mean is that in order to use the Battery tray on a 13-14, the Air Pump has to be relocated. This is accomplished on these years using one bracket that holds both the air pump and reservoir together, thus is makes sense to do both. There is no bracket just for the air pump, where there is a bracket for just the reservoir for the 10-12 trucks.

I don't think you have to relocate the reservoir if you don't want to (ie you just want the battery tray and to relocate the air pump) but if you ever plan to swap out the OEM bumper it will need to be done since it will hang down without coverage and be unprotected.

Call them and see what options they have actually available

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you, the reason I ask is that there is no option to buy the washer fluid tank bracket by itself to also mount the air pump, just an option to add the tank and associated hardware. I don't have immediate plans for a bumper. It would be a long way out and I would rather spend the money on something else.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
I would think you have to relocate it or at least remove the fill point for the factory reservoir as it seems to be in the way of the battery tray as well...(not currently under the hood looking but base off memory).

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
I would think you have to relocate it or at least remove the fill point for the factory reservoir as it seems to be in the way of the battery tray as well...(not currently under the hood looking but base off memory).
Actually that could be true also with this tray. Though I had my dual battery (with a different mount) in this spot long before I relocated my washer bottle.

·
Registered
265 Posts
We had an absolutely beautiful weekend here in Missouri, so I took the opportunity to get outside and pop the hood and do the pump relocation and install the second battery tray. All went pretty smoothly and every thing fit perfectly! The only hiccup I had was forgetting to plug the air filter wiring back in (the plug on top of the air tube). The engine immediately shut off and Check Engine light came on. It cleared itself the next day, though!

The next phase will be the wiring...I may do mine a little differently than shown on the schematic since I want to keep the winch hooked to the main battery, but I have already purchased a Blue Sea ML-ACR and the Mega Fuse Blocks and Fuses. I am trying to decide where to mount those items and am really thinking on top of engine compartment fuse box right next to the battery. I think all three items will fit on it and I can just run a cable from the main battery to the first fuse, then from it to the ML-ACR and then to the next fuse and then over to the second battery. I will do a trial fit to see if it will work and also see how bad it will impede access to the fuse box, but I see a ton of pictures on Google with that type of equipment on top of this box.

FYI...I purchased my Optima battery from Amazon...very cheap price compared to other places I checked...although I have heard some complaints of problems with the warranty by purchasing from them in the past, but thought I would take a chance and most of those complaints were from really old reviews. The good thing is it was a very new battery..says on top it was manufactured 12/14.

Thanks LZalusky for this awesome kit!

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
I got some weekend time on this project as well. I finished swapping out my washer reservoir yesterday while front bumper was off. Fairly easy swap as others have said, but a couple little tricks could have saved me some head scratching. Here's a few bits that may help someone else...

1. you only need to remove the 2 upper fender well clips to get OE tank out. Use a small screw driver to release the clips from inside the engine compartment. This will gain easy access to the 2 inside tank bolts using an extra long extension, and give the needed wiggle room to get the tank out. The 3rd bolt holding OE tank is easily accessed from the front with bumper off. Before removing the tank, remove the OE wire harness to prevent damage. The long electrical extension with OE connectors provided with lzalusky's tank kit was the perfect length for routing to rear of compartment.

2. remove the rubber gaskets from the two (2) pumps bodies before installing into new tank. Use a little dish soap on inside of gaskets and the two pumps should screw right in...I fussed around trying to install with gaskets on the pumps and luckily didn't screw up the rubber

3. inside corner nut holding the new lzalusky tank to the bracket has no hand access. I applied a little sticky grease to hold the bolt in the socket along with an long 1/4" extension, worked like a charm and no lost bolt.

next up will be this fun little wiring puzzle

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
I did the install this weekend of the reservoir and battery tray. Now I just need to buy another battery and get it all wired up.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1424205902.398789.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
I feel so far behind everyone. Mine is still sitting in the box, waiting to be put in. Hopefully soon.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I have already purchased your washer relocate kit and want to add a dual battery. Has there been any mention of aftermarket Cai and compatibility ?
Do you have any of the kits for dual battery available that work with the 2013?
I suppose as long as the Airaid Cai I have isn't farther forward than the stock one, I should be fine with fitment.
I already have an Odyssey pc 2150 in the stock location. so I may have to switch things up and put a 34 in the dual battery location but rewire to run my main battery on the passenger side, so I can keep my Odyssey as the accessory battery.
Did you switch things up? I may do it too for my Die Hard 31m.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Unfortunately, that 4 hour lighting deal is now over...I just happened to catch it before I went to bed last night! I have noticed that they sometimes will run it again a day or two later if it did not sell out...I will let everyone know if I see it again or something similar!
FYI...If anyone is looking for a Blue Sea ML-ACR...I just checked Amazon and they are going to have it on a lighting deal tomorrow Saturday, April 11, 2015 at 11 am Central Time for Prime Members...and 11:30 for everyone else....

Here is a link to their Gold Box page...just have to scroll over til you find it...I got it for 150.00 last year during their Black Friday sales...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/re...-6594519?gb_hero_f_102=p:31,c:all,s:available

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
181 - 200 of 204 Posts