Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

161 - 180 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
looks like the $149 lightning deal is over, price switched back to $199

Here's a good write-up talking about an ACR setup, click here

That is an awesome article! Thanks for sharing....I am in continuing professional engineering education classes today and tomorrow...this will be a good article for me to read and re-read during the boring presentations!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #165 (Edited)
Now available outside of Group Buy

Ok, It looks like the last of these group buy orders are being/have already been shipped now. I expect to hear of a good deal of satisfied customers out there.

We have updated our website and made all of the items mentioned in this group buy available for sale out side of the forum now. We are still working on some details, but the products and prices are up and able to be ordered here:

Shrockworks FJ Cruiser / 5th Gen 4Runner Dual Battery Kit

·
Registered
48 Posts
Re: Now available outside of Group Buy

Ordered the tray Online :) Now i have to get the Battery :rocker:

Ok, It looks like the last of these group buy orders are being/have already been shipped now. I expect to hear of a good deal of satisfied customers out there.

We have updated our website and made all of the items mentioned in this group buy available for sale out side of the forum now. We are still working on some details, but the products and prices are up and able to be ordered here:

·
Premium Member
160 Posts

Not sure, but the link doesn't seem to work via the phone app.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts

Link does not seem to be working.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Fixed link in original post, link in the quotes doesn't work though.
Thanks for a great Group buy. Got and opened my box yesterday, everything is really well made and quality top notch.
couple of things?? is everyone installing the stainless steel batt tray and air pump bracket as is or anyone painting it black or another color for extra protection and matching color etc?
also can an additional matching batt hold down clamp with j hooks be ordered for the main battery tray to match the Aux for people wanting to do matching dual batteries??

very pleased with everything so far, and cannot wait to install it.
A big Thanks to Leigh and shrockworks for making this happen for everone.
:clap::clap:

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Yes, please! I would also like an extra battery clamp hold-down assembly. Lzalusky, what have you got?

Thanks too! I just got my box. I may wait 'til Christmas to open it though...
Nah, probably not gonna happen. I can't wait that long. Just sayin... :grin

·
Registered
246 Posts
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Mine is scheduled for delivery today....
Got it, unpacked it quickly before heading out for the night for a Christmas party... But it looks great! Very excited to install! Now I am more excited for the next round of parts that become available!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Got the Washer kit, Emissons pump relocate and Battery tray, etc. Excellent products. Great packing indeed. Installed nicely. Instructions were very good. Follow them exactly...dont go off and do what you think needs done without adhering to the instructions. :) Special mention deserved here for Lzalusky for really doing a great job to itemize step-by-step how to perform everything.

I might point out that-when it comes time(Battery tray install instr.) for you to 'bend up' that piece of metal 90 degrees against the coolant/tubing housing-- to make your V cuts 'closer' to the housing than 'farther away'. It behooves you to fold that metal as close(at the base esp.) to the housing as you can... to get the clearance you need so as NOT to have it contact/touch the battery in that tray(tho not likely a big deal I suppose if it did). For me, this meant making a V cut between the housing and the 'notches'(OEM) that are cut in the metal tab to begin with- and that worked nicely. Once cut and bent, I painted this briefly with Rustloeum to keep any exposed metal from rust...then again...I sorta overkill on things. :)

Only difficulty I had was finding the dropped nylock nut(Big, clumsy fingers!) that went into the depths of the engine bay- while I was trying to secure it to the back of the Tee. :) Once I got it and started to install, the nylon grommet inside the nut sprung out and disappeared...oddly enough. So I went to a bolt store and got a replacement in Stainless.

Only changes I made in the process was to upgrade the OEM protective tubing/sleeve(cheesy, esp after a once removal) to Fiberglass-heat protective sleeve(s) that were more comprehensive... as well as more wear resistant to the air box rubbing next to one tube in particular. BTW, I have the TRD CAI Air box, and everything cleared it fine, maybe even better than OEM I suppose. I also chose to clean and paint(Rustoleum) the section under the battery tray and air box...for good measure- as I wont be getting to that easily in the future! I chose to use the Rainx Washer fluid- It works very well with no 'green' food coloring stains on the body/paint. :) I also added a White Logo/sticker to the Washer fluid box as it just seemed to beg for one with that 45 degree angled Aluminum facing the front of the engine bay. Stands out against the black powdercoat and looks cool. My kids liked the personal touch. :) Which reminds me-Lzalusky-we need to get you a company logo for your parts, FJ windows, etc.!! :)

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts
I have already purchased your washer relocate kit and want to add a dual battery. Has there been any mention of aftermarket Cai and compatibility ?
Do you have any of the kits for dual battery available that work with the 2013?
I suppose as long as the Airaid Cai I have isn't farther forward than the stock one, I should be fine with fitment.
I already have an Odyssey pc 2150 in the stock location. so I may have to switch things up and put a 34 in the dual battery location but rewire to run my main battery on the passenger side, so I can keep my Odyssey as the accessory battery.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I have already purchased your washer relocate kit and want to add a dual battery. Has there been any mention of aftermarket Cai and compatibility ?
Do you have any of the kits for dual battery available that work with the 2013?
I suppose as long as the Airaid Cai I have isn't farther forward than the stock one, I should be fine with fitment.
I already have an Odyssey pc 2150 in the stock location. so I may have to switch things up and put a 34 in the dual battery location but rewire to run my main battery on the passenger side, so I can keep my Odyssey as the accessory battery.
The TRD CAI works well with his set up in my 2014...and its no small box.

Mike

161 - 180 of 204 Posts