Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

201 - 220 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Everything is OK ! :smile

I did not roll too much, I had a hard time priming the pump, the water was not coming from the other side of the radiator, I had to pipe by pipe

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
I made several laps without forcing in my neighborhood, for the moment no suspicious noise.

At worst I would see, I have a garage here that sells octane motul.

After my FJ already consumes a lot ...

Nobody here is able to give me the octane number of gasoline

Otherwise I will check this afternoon if the water pump is able to pump because I put only 1.5L in the tank which I think can because they say 3L.

The radiator is at room temperature and the outputs (a soft one) and the top, closer to the very hot engine.

I'm going to unplug the radiator's final hose to see if the pump is doing its job or if it sucks empty.

In all that there is no leak and everything is tight

I tried editing too with my dougthorley the sound is really different from your facilities, I have not pushed yet but it seems close to before installation
Magnuson ecu tune is design to run with 91 octane minimum. Or equivalent in your country. If you do not run 91 you will have negative effects on the engine, as it has been seen and tested. If you can't get 91 or equivalent hold the bypass actuator open.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Magnuson ecu tune is design to run with 91 octane minimum. Or equivalent in your country. If you do not run 91 you will have negative effects on the engine, as it has been seen and tested. If you can't get 91 or equivalent hold the bypass actuator open.

I will try to know but until now I have never found any info.
Whitney si bypass actuator ?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I think it should go, I found a report

The decree n ° 2005-04 of January 6th modifying the decree n ° 65-203 of June 17th, 1965 fixing the specifications of the petroleum products.For the super unleaded - Index of octane: at least equal to 91; lead: 0.013 g / liter maximum; - Sulfur content: less than or equal to 0.05% by weight (500 ppm).

·
Registered
316 Posts
I did tests quietly until Friday without any problem.
Saturday I did more tests and regrettably just before returning home during a frank acceleration to overtake the vehicle turned on the engine and vsc and close to go out, time to park and I felt like there was a problem with fuel or ignition.
I turned off, waited 1 minute and restart without problem, everything was off and I was able to go home.
Sunday I did not leave the house.
This morning I started without problem but 1km later the problem started again.
I parked and scan with ODB2 codes P0300 and P0301 are reported, it seems a problem ignition cylinder 1 ?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
I did tests quietly until Friday without any problem.

Saturday I did more tests and regrettably just before returning home during a frank acceleration to overtake the vehicle turned on the engine and vsc and close to go out, time to park and I felt like there was a problem with fuel or ignition.

I turned off, waited 1 minute and restart without problem, everything was off and I was able to go home.

Sunday I did not leave the house.

This morning I started without problem but 1km later the problem started again.

I parked and scan with ODB2 codes P0300 and P0301 are reported, it seems a problem ignition cylinder 1 ?
Were the spark plugs gapped to the instructions specifications? And did you change the fuel ??

·
Registered
316 Posts
Were the spark plugs gapped to the instructions specifications? And did you change the fuel ??

The sparks are those delivered with the kit.
The fuel is the same, I did not add in the tank.
The technician came with the suitcase, he also found P0303.
He took off two candles and handed over old ones (which were still good) one seems not to bother and the other suspect.
He then drive for 10 km without problem, I'll try too, maybe defective candles, I do not know it's beyond me ...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
The sparks are those delivered with the kit.

The fuel is the same, I did not add in the tank.

The technician came with the suitcase, he also found P0303.

He took off two candles and handed over old ones (which were still good) one seems not to bother and the other suspect.

He then drive for 10 km without problem, I'll try too, maybe defective candles, I do not know it's beyond me ...
Yeah the ones that came in the kit. They need to be gapped before installing.. ok so if the fuel is the same and all that happened when u went faster, be very careful. That tune doesnt not like it when it's not running high octane fuel.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah the ones that came in the kit. They need to be gapped before installing.. ok so if the fuel is the same and all that happened when u went faster, be very careful. That tune doesnt not like it when it's not running high octane fuel.

Yes sparks is well set.
Normally with the confirmation of the Ministry of Transport and Mines the super is 91

·
Desert Moderator
5,653 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Check if that 91 is RON - if it is, that's too low.

This report suggests that Ghana just next door is 91 RON https://wedocs.unep.org/bitstream/handle/20.500.11822/25233/FuelQualityEmissionStandardDevelopments.pdf?sequence=3&isAllowed=y

I would suggest that you consider an octane booster product or removing the supercharger...
Very good point brought up about the 91 RON. If it comes to it your better off with no Supercharger.. we had two customer with no compression on cylinder 1 and other on 3 due to them not running high octane gasoline (91+) here in the states. They blew their cylinders

·
Registered
316 Posts
I do not think it comes from fuel, our index is 91 and the sulphide index looks better than Ghana.
We have just done further tests no problem starting, no rattling / failure or detonation.
I drove several miles without pulling the reports and there is no problem except when I ride hard in the reports.
What difference RON ?

We have interchanged the coils and still P0300, P0301 and P0303
There is 5 minutes the MAF is reported

Problem is that there is really no competent person here and no room.
They are not able to tell me if it is a problem of injectors and it would disassemble the supercharger to gain access.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well I'm not more advanced, Magnuson wants to send me a new map before disassembling the supercharger for further research.

They wanted me to reload the original installation file on my FJ so that they send me a new modified but the handheld refuses.
So I had to send them all Logs files to rebuild.

I leave tonight in France for 5 days, I get 2 meters glowshift fuel and air pressures and a pump from URDUSA

·
Registered
316 Posts
I installed a new, larger flow pump from Urdusa, but the problem is still there.
alternatively Magnuson asked me to do a reset, try to reinstall the original file, it should ask me a 4 digit code, send them to give me the code and then they had to send a new map but it does not work.
Then he wanted me to rewrite but it refuses, I think they are as lost as months and it starts to go long.
I found a garage, I will take them because otherwise I will fire

Attachments

·
Desert Moderator
5,653 Posts
I installed a new, larger flow pump from Urdusa, but the problem is still there.
alternatively Magnuson asked me to do a reset, try to reinstall the original file, it should ask me a 4 digit code, send them to give me the code and then they had to send a new map but it does not work.
Then he wanted me to rewrite but it refuses, I think they are as lost as months and it starts to go long.
I found a garage, I will take them because otherwise I will fire
The problem is low octane fuel. Delivering additional fuel will not help.
You're just going to destroy your engine.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The problem is low octane fuel. Delivering additional fuel will not help.
You're just going to destroy your engine.
I will add a bottle of octane to see

·
Desert Moderator
5,653 Posts
This is a warning to those who ignore detonation / knock / ping...

https://youtu.be/9pTbl4knbvg

Bottom line - Too much boost on crap fuel will kill your engine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Guys

I see steph99 hasn't reported about his further experiences for the last 6 months. I hope he did not blow off his engine. I bought my FJ in June, it is a 2012 model with 125000 miles on board. The car is in stock version for the moment. I am plannig to install a Magnusen SC. I drive on 91 (RON95) gas 99% of the time. We also have the premium 98 or 100 RON gas availble here in Transylvania :grin
I am also planning to do some mods on the car - mainly front/rear bumpers, winch, 2" lift, 1.25" wheel spacers, 285-70R17 tyres, snorkel. I haven't considered a CAI, yet.
So my concern is if the SC is going to do some damage to the car/engine?
Regards.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi Guys

I see steph99 hasn't reported about his further experiences for the last 6 months. I hope he did not blow off his engine. I bought my FJ in June, it is a 2012 model with 125000 miles on board. The car is in stock version for the moment. I am plannig to install a Magnusen SC. I drive on 91 (RON95) gas 99% of the time. We also have the premium 98 or 100 RON gas availble here in Transylvania :grin
I am also planning to do some mods on the car - mainly front/rear bumpers, winch, 2" lift, 1.25" wheel spacers, 285-70R17 tyres, snorkel. I haven't considered a CAI, yet.
So my concern is if the SC is going to do some damage to the car/engine?
Regards.

lol, I'm here, I actually had a dialogue with Superciick.
the problems did not finish, I put it in a specialized garage, I had a big problem with the ECU, they repaired, I drove 2 weeks ago with and more 'octane. since two weeks news appeared, different, I must recover it normally tomorrow.
What is sure in countries like mine, a supercharge is not welcome.

201 - 220 of 226 Posts