Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

221 - 226 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Just some experience dealing in turbos. I'd recommend pulling your plugs anyway and checking the combustion @steph99 even though it came from factory. That doesn't mean it can't be bad spark/plug. Also try replacing the coil plug with another coil in your set to see if the problem follows.

If you're still pinging, you may be able to retard timing to keep from detonating but the tuner will have to do that. Power will be less but safer to run with the current octane. Then get an air-fuel mapped or if you have a wideband o2 sensor to monitor would help to see real time data. Hope your FJ is seeing better days

·
Registered
35 Posts
lol, I'm here, I actually had a dialogue with Superciick.
the problems did not finish, I put it in a specialized garage, I had a big problem with the ECU, they repaired, I drove 2 weeks ago with and more 'octane. since two weeks news appeared, different, I must recover it normally tomorrow.
What is sure in countries like mine, a supercharge is not welcome.
Sorry to hear that, I hope you will be able to get the car in a proper shape.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just some experience dealing in turbos. I'd recommend pulling your plugs anyway and checking the combustion @steph99 even though it came from factory. That doesn't mean it can't be bad spark/plug. Also try replacing the coil plug with another coil in your set to see if the problem follows.

If you're still pinging, you may be able to retard timing to keep from detonating but the tuner will have to do that. Power will be less but safer to run with the current octane. Then get an air-fuel mapped or if you have a wideband o2 sensor to monitor would help to see real time data. Hope your FJ is seeing better days

we have already control this side there, plus adjustment of the electrode.
I did not have the power failure of the cylinders, there was a fault code problem on Control Modul Performance.
In addition Magnuson had sent me a modified cartography on precisely on the advance and air fuel for a poor fuel.

After 2 weeks I had the purlins P0015, P21198, P0172, P0175, P02198 and P0102

The Garage is working online with Dubai, they want to delete the box rear URD and delete directly in the ECM.
They have Magnuson data recovery and want to make themselves a new optimal tuning mapping.

In case this does not work, the last solution is to hand over everything and see ...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I hope you will be able to get the car in a proper shape.
Thank you, yes I hope, plus after 2 weeks without problem I was confident, I ordered springs Metaltech, brake line, spidertrax and a whole set of link from RESZ Manufacturing :frown

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
After 2 weeks I had the purlins P0015, P21198, P0172, P0175, P02198 and P0102

In case this does not work, the last solution is to hand over everything and see ...

Codes just in case anyone is interested.
P0015 OBD-II Trouble Code: Camshaft Position B - Timing Over-Retarded (Bank 1)

P2118/9 OBD-II Trouble Code: Throttle Actuator Control Motor Current Range/Performance

P0172 TOYOTA System Too Rich Bank 1: Code Meaning, Causes, Symptoms, & Tech Notes

P0175 TOYOTA System Too Rich Bank 2: Code Meaning, Causes, Symptoms, & Tech Notes

P2198 OBD-II Trouble Code: O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Rich Bank 2 Sensor 1 - YourMechanic

P0102 TOYOTA Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input: Code Meaning, Causes ...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hello @SuperSiick
Since you have almost the same mod as me, could you tell me how much you consume the red light in city / fast lane.
My overconsumption does not date from today but I am very surprised by that seen in some and even at home.
It's a chasm!
At these beginnings I did not consume as much

221 - 226 of 226 Posts