Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 228 Posts

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,833 Posts
Alright so to shed some light on HP and TQ. The base numbers on the fj were low. The hp came in low at the rear wheels at around 193hp and 197 tq. Its making good numbers with the blower. Significant increase from stock rear wheel hp. And its definitely felt when driving. As for the urd pulley it might fight. I dont have the sizes at hand to see if it would. I personally handled the installation of it and modifications to the bumper. Also the final dyno run i was present for. For the base run i was dealing with the SEMA show and arrival of the sc was a bit to tight during sema week. I had our boy do a pull to see where we were at.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
With aftermarket rubber and the automatic it was really robbed of power but that’s a pretty common loss. Impressive gains at the rear wheels for sure, those numbers line up with HP and TQ gains at the crank that’s been advertised for this setup.

That’s a fantastic looking setup with the color matching cover, I’m definitely jealous. I re-geared last year to gain some torque back at the rear wheels now I wonder how this setup would work with 4.88’s cause damn I want this.

·
トヨタ Master
6,580 Posts
With aftermarket rubber and the automatic it was really robbed of power but that’s a pretty common loss. Impressive gains at the rear wheels for sure, those numbers line up with HP and TQ gains at the crank that’s been advertised for this setup.

That’s a fantastic looking setup with the color matching cover, I’m definitely jealous. I re-geared last year to gain some torque back at the rear wheels now I wonder how this setup would work with 4.88’s cause damn I want this.
37s? :shrug03:

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Supersiick- I am still not clear on knowing what you find to be the approx Hp increase(net) with the new SC???? Somehow your 196 Hp value at the rear wheels throws me( pun intended). :)

Mike

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Supersiick- I am still not clear on knowing what you find to be the approx Hp increase(net) with the new SC???? Somehow your 196 Hp value at the rear wheels throws me( pun intended). :)

Mike
Haha hope I made it more confusing lol. It's definitely a healthy power increase in my opinion and maintains everyday drive ability without breaking stuff. Many are expecting to be running in the 9seconds 1/4 mile with this kit lol u know haha.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Also keep in mind guys the results on the dyno will vary from place to place. I'm in southern California at 711 ft above sea level. So it will be different from someone let's say at 7k ft. But on the bright side being closer to sea level we can all get a good idea on what the kit will make.

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
It seems that Magnussen would have all those numbers (at wheel output of before and after fitment, same vehicle), for both the '07-'09 and for the '10-'14 system, as a natural result of their work to develop them. Maybe they can provide that information to clear it up.

I know that my '08 feels AWESOME with the SC, and I can tell from Super Slick's posts that he can feel the same kind of effect on his '14. All's we got to do is get Magnussen to share the numbers to help others to accurately grasp it at their desks.

N

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

It does. Yeah hp & tq gains are great, it really wakes up the fj. Thank you, we decided to give the truck a bit of a face lift from the last time u saw it at the summit. And did some cosmetic work. I'll start a build thread soon since we don't have one up yet.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It seems that Magnussen would have all those numbers (at wheel output of before and after fitment, same vehicle), for both the '07-'09 and for the '10-'14 system, as a natural result of their work to develop them. Maybe they can provide that information to clear it up.

I know that my '08 feels AWESOME with the SC, and I can tell from Super Slick's posts that he can feel the same kind of effect on his '14. All's we got to do is get Magnussen to share the numbers to help others to accurately grasp it at their desks.

N
It would seem that way or at least u would think they would put it, but unfortunately they dont. On my case that's y I had them dyno to establish a baseline before it was supercharged while I was away at Sema show. Yeah truck runs great that's for sure. I'm in direct communication with them since we are located very close to them and been working on this given we are the only fj w/ the supercharger as of now.

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,833 Posts
It does. Yeah hp & tq gains are great, it really wakes up the fj. Thank you, we decided to give the truck a bit of a face lift from the last time u saw it at the summit. And did some cosmetic work. I'll start a build thread soon since we don't have one up yet.

Yea it was a beautiful ride then and unbelievable now, show quality really. You gonna make it back out this year?

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Oh, how people read the numbers so easily. Try building some type of forced induction, let's see how much it'll cost and how much power it will output, tune it and make it reliable. Oh and also, carb legal for for $5500 that Magnusson charges. Doesn't apply to everyone, but anyone in a Carb EO compliant state will love to keep it legal.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Oh, how people read the numbers so easily. Try building some type of forced induction, let's see how much it'll cost and how much power it will output, tune it and make it reliable. Oh and also, carb legal for for $5500 that Magnusson charges. Doesn't apply to everyone, but anyone in a Carb EO compliant state will love to keep it legal.
Yeah its definitely a big plus for all states with strict smog laws. The kit is very well built and execution on design layout was great. You getting great hp / tq gains and still able to use for on daily basis. On the dunes we were very content with the added power.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yea it was a beautiful ride then and unbelievable now, show quality really. You gonna make it back out this year?
Thank you man. Yeah right now DUB has it at their booth for a big Car show in L.A where all the manufacturers show up. I have plans of trying to make the summit this year. Hopefully we get in on time and our car show event schedule allows us since the truck will be at several events.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
@SuperSiick Thanks for sharing these pictures and info. People have been asking about the '10-14 kit and I'm sure you got the attention of some members ready to shell out their first born.
Your very welcome. Haha yeah we already have a pretty long order list compiled of guys that want it through on the other fj forum and IG. It was a long wait on the supercharger for the newer year fjcs but it finally came. For us in California ( I include my self even though I have it already) will have to wait practically till the end of December for them to be released.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Our gaurd dog supervising the install making sure we torqued everything lol...........

guys make sure u have or buy a torque wrench 3/4 & 1/2 if your installing yourself. Lots of bolts that could be easily over torqued on this kit. Also an impact gun battery or neumatic with at least 500lbs torque to remove the crank pulley bolt. We used a double hammer 800lbs neumatic gun to removed it. And if it doesn't come off on first try, don't ride that gun trigger lol. Give it short Burts.

·
トヨタ Master
6,580 Posts
Our gaurd dog supervising the install making sure we torqued everything lol...........

guys make sure u have or buy a torque wrench 3/4 & 1/2 if your installing yourself. Lots of bolts that could be easily over torqued on this kit. Also an impact gun battery or neumatic with at least 500lbs torque to remove the crank pulley bolt.

You read that right, shade tree guys, so don't be using that other unapproved method. >:D

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 228 Posts