Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my Toytec Ultimate lift kit today and the anti-sway bar "relocators" that came with it. Unfortunately on my FJ I had to remove the Driver's side Skid Plate bracket in order to get the anti-sway bar in proper position... and now I can't get it back on.

The sway-bar is not "straight" between the frame-rails (it is curved toward the front of the vehicle to allow room to change Toyota's new stupid cartridge oil filter) and gets very close to this skid plate bracket in stock form... with the relocators installed there is no chance of getting that bracket back on.

Anyone know if Toytec is aware of this problem? If so I think they're going to have to send a new skid plate bracket with their kits... I didn't spend $1200 for a kit that makes me lose my front skid! A drop down spacer for the skid plate brackets could work as well... but I didn't lift it just to lose ground clearance.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Weird. I didn't have that problem when I put mine on. It has been a couple of months, but I know I didn't have to cut anything.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found out from Toytec today that Toyota has 2 different sway-bars for the 2010 FJ's... and I got one of the lucky few with the sway bar that has a weird bend in it. They are still working on a potential fix for this issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts