Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i started to black out my FJ. I did rear bumper this weekend. after much reading on here i want to say i used the Rustoleum satin black as recomended and it was wrong. It was too shiney and didnt match the factory black plastic. So i sanded all that off and tried duplicolor black bumper cover paint. it matched well. However it was not compatable with the satin black and bubbled up as it dried. so i resanded again!!!! and the 3rd time came out pretty good and matches the rest.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

no roof, white roof in the south in summer is awesome!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahh you may be right but it was too shiny for me

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nice job Bronco. I just did the same to my AG, and used the Duplicolor also. Turned out great. Just FYI, I used their bumper paint for the bumper parts, and their trim paint for the mirrors. They both turned out great I think. The all black just looks great against the AG I think. It made a world of difference. The truck just looks a lot more aggressive. I also added a black out hood decal from Amaesing. I did buy the TT grille and door handles though. Got them from Sparks in SC.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I did mine in truck bed liming......big mistake clings in too much dirt starting to chip, I want the trail teams but don't have 1200 do replace everything I blacked out...my point is yours came out the way I wish mine did lol wanna trade? Hahaha

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
I just blacked out my rear bumper the other day. Also use duplicolor bumper paint. I think it is a perfect match. Mirrors are up next and I will be done!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just blacked out my rear bumper the other day. Also use duplicolor bumper paint. I think it is a perfect match. Mirrors are up next and I will be done!

Hey just FYI, you might want to consider the Duplicolor trim paint for the mirrors. It seems to be a bit smoother finish than the bumper paint, and it just looks perfect IMO. Not too shiny, not too dull, just right.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Hey just FYI, you might want to consider the Duplicolor trim paint for the mirrors. It seems to be a bit smoother finish than the bumper paint, and it just looks perfect IMO. Not too shiny, not too dull, just right.
I saw your previous post about that. Sounds pretty good! Do you have any pics with the trim paint?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Did you remove the bumper to paint, or just covered the surrounding parts and sprayed?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts