Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Mr Toyota,:mecry:
Let me commend you on an excellant 4 wheel drive package.
I had the opportunity to change up the stereo system. I was so disappointed on the quality of head unit and speakers.
The dash 2 inch were rated at 8 ohms and 9 watts, all paper, worth $2.00,garbage, and to boot the 6x9 had a smaller magnet then the 2 inch, also paper, worth $3.00, complete garbage and breaking down at three weeks old. Thank-God I didnt order the other package with the bass driver unit.
In Canada our car speakers are either 2 or 4 ohm. 8 ohm are used in the house system.:flame:
Get a grip Toyota.
Everyone please have an after market car stereo and speakers installed, because does not seem to have a clue about good quality components.:boohoo::flame:

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'm not big into car stereos anymore but I was actually suprisingly impressed with the FJammer system & subwoofer. Eventually I may replace it but definitely not near the top of my list. I believe the idea of 8ohm speakers is that the head unit is a 4 channel & it allowed them to parallel the 4 front speakers & 4 rear speakers together and still reach optimal 4 ohms that the head unit sees rather than overdriving it with 4 ohm speakers causing the load on the head unit to be 2 ohms. Im not 100% sure on this but it makes sense.

·
Registered
458 Posts
As stated by others, I really like the FJammer and the factory sub along with the other speakers in the vehicle. I had my first FJ for 3 years, and "worked" those speakers pretty hard without an issue.

·
Registered
338 Posts
As stated by others, I really like the FJammer and the factory sub along with the other speakers in the vehicle. I had my first FJ for 3 years, and "worked" those speakers pretty hard without an issue.
+1...maybe it's because you don't have the 'upgraded' stereo? We love the FJammer in our 2010 FJ.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Sorry,

The factory Ford/Pioneer in my 2001 Explorer Sport is better designed and has proved its durability over the 10years its been around. For reference... my FJammer disc changer has already died. If it wasn't for Pandora... it would be in a trash heap.

·
Registered
538 Posts
The quality of the speakers is garbage, as it is on most car makers' OEM stereos, but what's surprising is the sound quality is actually not as bad as it is in most of the intermediate-sized rental cars I've had the (mis)fortune to drive.

I'm an audiophile and actually find the sound quality in my non-Upgrade FJ Cruiser to be better than that in say a Camry.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Take a decent 2x100 watt amp and hook it up to the factory speakers and be prepaired to be suprised. I have been building my stereo in stages, First deck, then amps, now im replacing speakers and have put that on hold for a bit here till I blow up the factory stuff. It sounds way better with some power. I have a 200x2 on the factory stuff and it loves it right now. We will see how long it lasts.

I too was shocked at the 9w capacity, but if that is true, I passed that up by 900% and its going fine.

The best simple upgrade to this system is a 4 channel amp. 2 channels for the stock speakers and a small subwoofer and you will be good to rock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts