Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen alot of diffrent factory fog light switchs I am looking for a factory set up. I know I need a switch, but what else am I going to need. I will need the factory wires and a relay? and where does the factory fog light switch go ? in what empty blank? I am going to put a demello off road bar on and I will be using a 40" "E" Series LED Light Bar. I want to keep the install as clean as I can and want to use factory parts. If anyone has the part numbers I will need let me know and where to source them thanks

·
Registered
10,440 Posts

·
Banned
7,381 Posts
Hey Caseymp2001 here is a website to sparks toyota.
OEM Map Light at Sparks Toyota-Scion, Myrtle Beach, SC
They have the switch, switch harness and lamp harness. around $110 shipped.
Gives you an idea of what stuff is running.
You could check with some of the forum vendors as well.
I've been researching the same thing because I was looking at the Demello with the lights.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have seen alot of diffrent factory fog light switchs I am looking for a factory set up. I know I need a switch, but what else am I going to need. I will need the factory wires and a relay? and where does the factory fog light switch go ? in what empty blank? I am going to put a demello off road bar on and I will be using a 40" "E" Series LED Light Bar. I want to keep the install as clean as I can and want to use factory parts. If anyone has the part numbers I will need let me know and where to source them thanks
I have a 2010 FJ as well and trying to do basically the same thing, so here are the switch pn:

PT297-35070-AS Fog Switch Harness
PT297-35070-SH Fog Switch
PT297-89016 Relay (only needed if going thru existing wiring plus a 15A fuse,otherwise the relay that came with your lights will do)

Not sure if the relay will work on the 2010, need this verified first. Although, leaning towards the oem look. I am finding this switch to be on the expensive side in the price range of $67.00 to $75.00 us, with no shipping. In the US the shipping will be cheaper, since I am in Canada, the shipping charges is a little more, which sux. Now, if your are willing to consider, there are alternatives that I found and some people have used and installed on their FJ's. So have a look at the OTRATTW, here is the link:

OTRATTW

They have several to choose from, Since you are installing roof lights, take a look at Product ID: V1D1J66B-AFCM4-RF1, color on this one is amber.Another source is Oznuim, these are just simple switch:

Scion OEM Style Lighted Rocker Switch

They also come in different colors. As far a pricing, they are both similar in price of approx $12.00. They can be both place in any blank space on the switch area, just not sure if any trimming is needed for the Ottattw, I know on the Oznuim need to be shave a bit to make it fit. Really, any illuminated on off switch will do, depending on how fancy you want to be. See attached manual, hope this help you. Here's an idea, since many people are interested on the OEM switch , maybe a group buy maybe an idea. Hmmmmmmmmm. You can get the OEM switch from many of the supporting vendors on this forum and maybe even get a small discount being a member. Anyways, good luck and have fun. :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Is all of the wiring run on the TT edition FJ's or for a factory type install do you need to get the wiring harness and disassemble half the interior of the car to run the harness?

I am hoping the harness is already in place on the 2011 TT models?
I would just need to buy the (a) rocker switch, install the fuse and relay and connect the wires to a set of new Rigid lights set low behind the grille.

Does anyone know or where and what should I look for (and no I don't already have the light switch) to see if the wiring harness was run at the factory?

Thank you
Pat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts