Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,682 Posts
Good find, I just posted a 2010 <60K <$26K national search and there were 24 trucks total. For just a little more miles and $5K below my search critera, this thing is a deal!

Somebody jump on this!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Looked at the Carfax out of curiosity. Accident reported 10/31/15.
Good catch. You might want to find out if this was a fender bender or something more serious.

if fender bender, this seems like a damn good price and will move quickly. While I know that you want help looking for these things, posting the deals on a national forums might not be the best thing.

I see this all the time on a motorcycle forum that I frequent. 9 times out of ten, the poster comes back saying someone already snagged that good deal because they wasted time posting on a forum and gathering input. In the meantime knowledgeable buyers swooped in and snagged the deal within 24 hours.

p.s. Josh....this is exactly the kind of deal you should be considering when shopping. You nearly have to go nationwide to snag the right year/condition/price/RUST combination. Oklahoma should be very low likelihood of rusting as you expressed in your other thread. Might be worth the price of a plane ticket.

·
Premium Member
4,682 Posts
Looked at the Carfax out of curiosity. Accident reported 10/31/15.
The ad says "Clean CARFAX!!!", I'd verify this with the dealer. Might be a good way to negotiate a few extra $$$ off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
dealers buy and ship these constantly. may have spent most of its time in Florida or New York... during my search most were shipped half way across the country... check carfax thoroughly!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Car fax checked - wrecked in Oct 15, owner sold it in Dec 15; 2nd owner only had it 2 months and now it's for sale at another dealer.
It was originally sold at a dealer in MN, so it probably had "salted roads" exposure which equals rust.

The short ownership (2 months) by the 2nd owner, and a repair trip to a frame/alignment shop after the accident tells me to stay away from someone else's problems.

Just my 2 cents, Jerry

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Car fax checked - wrecked in Oct 15, owner sold it in Dec 15; 2nd owner only had it 2 months and now it's for sale at another dealer.
It was originally sold at a dealer in MN, so it probably had "salted roads" exposure which equals rust.

The short ownership (2 months) by the 2nd owner, and a repair trip to a frame/alignment shop after the accident tells me to stay away from someone else's problems.

Just my 2 cents, Jerry
Great research....guess that's what the dealer meant by a "clean carfax report".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts