Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Some weekend pics from the 2018 Annual Colorado FJC Meet-Up @ ToyTec Lifts

Attachments

@darkhorse13 Great meeting you on Sunday. Your rig is amazing, my wife is in love with it. We have a 2010 Iceberg as well.

I noticed you are more into exploring and overlanding, are there good areas around here that you recommend? All the lists and places I know are all trail crawling more than anything and we aren't into the hardcore stuff either. Like to get off-road and take the dogs out to play off the beaten path.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
@darkhorse13 Great meeting you on Sunday. Your rig is amazing, my wife is in love with it. We have a 2010 Iceberg as well.

I noticed you are more into exploring and overlanding, are there good areas around here that you recommend? All the lists and places I know are all trail crawling more than anything and we aren't into the hardcore stuff either. Like to get off-road and take the dogs out to play off the beaten path.
Thanks it was a great turnout! I do like to push the limits of my setup but not "crawl" per se. We like to do a fun trail during the day and stay the trail to camp at night. Thus, we usually end up on county roads that might have some fun terrain but the goal is to wake up to some great views in the morning :)

We'll have to connect offline but some trails to check out form wheeling/camping are...
1) Bunce School Road
2) Switzerland Trail
3) Gross Resevoir

John

Discussion starter · #24 ·
More Bunce School Road trail pics - 4/29/18

Other truck is @juniperoverland 1995 Taco V6 reg cab, long bed 5-speed = rare bird

Attachments

Maybe I missed it but where is the info on your windshield washer reservoir relocation?

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Maybe I missed it but where is the info on your windshield washer reservoir relocation?
I hyperlinked them in my #2 post under the "Armor" section. I can't take credit for the idea :)

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Working on updating my storage/camping set-up solutions... I stumbled across my own "perfect solution" = TrekPak. I had never heard of TrekPak prior to this and I come to find out they are a local CO company! I set up time yesterday to stop by their shop and look into a solution for the Wolf Pack case as there is no kit available on their website.

The final solution turned out phenomenally satisfying :) I'll write up the details of how all this works soon, but in the meantime I will let the pictures do the talking. Everything has it's own spot and I feel like I utilized every available inch of the Wolf Pack. The one pictured below will be my "cooking" box and I have another for my "clean-up" box... which might be more of an organized catch-all. The tall lid is a life saver.

Of note, I did try out the Frontrunner Flat Pack soft-sided insert but it left too much "dead space" around the corners and the (1) velcro divider wasn't enough for my solution.

Attachments

Hey John very nice build thread, I'm going to subscribe. Just got my FJ back last night, it's driveable but have to take it back in for complete fitment of tires in wheel wells to achieve full articulation for wheeling. Plus, they found some broken teeth on my ring gear in the rear diff so I have new ring and pinion gears to break in before going wheeling. I'm finally going to step up and start a build thread as well, I finally have a build worthy of a thread, LOL. My build thread is going to be titled "My FJ, LT IFS and 37's" if you want to check it out, will have preliminary pics taken today. Anyways as soon as the FJ is ready for some wheeling I will be in touch, if interested I would like to break the new suspension in on Chinaman's in BV, I'll give you a call to let you know when we will be going. Mark

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Hey John very nice build thread, I'm going to subscribe. Just got my FJ back last night, it's driveable but have to take it back in for complete fitment of tires in wheel wells to achieve full articulation for wheeling. Plus, they found some broken teeth on my ring gear in the rear diff so I have new ring and pinion gears to break in before going wheeling. I'm finally going to step up and start a build thread as well, I finally have a build worthy of a thread, LOL. My build thread is going to be titled "My FJ, LT IFS and 37's" if you want to check it out, will have preliminary pics taken today. Anyways as soon as the FJ is ready for some wheeling I will be in touch, if interested I would like to break the new suspension in on Chinaman's in BV, I'll give you a call to let you know when we will be going. Mark
Thanks Mark, I can't wait to follow along on your build thread and we'll have to get out together soon.

John

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Took the FJ out to Expo West and made a stop in both Moab and Lake Powell before arriving in Flagstaff.

Attachments

Would you be able to post some pics of how you Plumbed your ARB . I have the same set up as you . My ARB is backwards though ? I am thinking about taking mine apart and rotating it . also i had seen ARB has a .3m SS hose that i think would work if i wanted to plumb so my air fitting comes through the tray like yours is . Did you just use a Nut under the plate to hold the disconnect down ?

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Would you be able to post some pics of how you Plumbed your ARB . I have the same set up as you . My ARB is backwards though ? I am thinking about taking mine apart and rotating it . also i had seen ARB has a .3m SS hose that i think would work if i wanted to plumb so my air fitting comes through the tray like yours is . Did you just use a Nut under the plate to hold the disconnect down ?
I can take a few close ups. Essentially the "blue collar" that tightens around the compressor body can be loosened and you can slide the compressor out of it to re-position. You can basically move / flip the compressor and solenoid section however you want. I simply re-positioned / rotated things the way I needed in order to clear. The compressor is very versatile but people don't really mess with them out of the box like they are able to. None of these "modifications" have caused any loss of seal nor have I even encountered any o-rings or permatex sealant installed by ARB... again, just loosened some screws on the unit :)

I don't have pics of the plumbing while it was off the truck. The blue hose is press-fit hose for airbags (like on lowriders or such) and the chuck does have a large jam nut on the underside of the Powertray like you guessed.

John

Thank you . I think i just need to slide the unit out of the Blue housing and flip the blue housing around . . IF i set mine like you have yours the ARB lettering is facing to the engine . and when i move the solenoid over it covers the 2 set screws .

Discussion starter · #35 ·
For now I just set mine up
Like this. But I did order a hose becuse I would like to have my disconnect like you have yours
Yep, just slip the compressor out of the collar and turn it the other way... also, you can rotate or clock the "silver canister" for the locker solenoids as well to position the air chuck.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Just some recent shots from camping in Crested Butte.

Also trying our hand at pancakes on the skottle... propane tank holder from refinedcycle is proving invaluable :)

Attachments

Discussion starter · #39 · (Edited)
Late night wheeling trip to Pole Hill Rd.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #40 ·
5th Gen 4Runner "big brake" upgrade day at all 4 corners.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.