Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my OEM 17 inch wheels and lug nuts powder coated. The wheels are holding up great, but the lugs are starting to wear from taking them off for rotations, lifts, etc.

I was researching on here, but didn't seem to get a definite answer. For the 2010 they are what style and size? Acorn and 12mm x 1.5? I am leaning towards the Gorilla's. I saw quite a few people in 08' post Wheelers Off-Road Inc.

I want all black again (flat would be nice but think they make them) and would possibly like (1) lock on them as well. Anyone have suggestions or links to check out? Thanks in advance. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I had my OEM 17 inch wheels and lug nuts powder coated. The wheels are holding up great, but the lugs are starting to wear from taking them off for rotations, lifts, etc.

I was researching on here, but didn't seem to get a definite answer. For the 2010 they are what style and size? Acorn and 12mm x 1.5? I am leaning towards the Gorilla's. I saw quite a few people in 08' post Wheelers Off-Road Inc.

I want all black again (flat would be nice but think they make them) and would possibly like (1) lock on them as well. Anyone have suggestions or links to check out? Thanks in advance. :bigthumb:
Gorilla lugs are all kind of locking ones. You get special socket with them. (make sure you get a spare one) There is no difference between 2007-2009 lug nuts and 2010 :cheers: and yes, it`s 12mm x 1.50

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got off the phone with about 10 different retailers and dealers about these lugnuts. Apparently the OEM alloy wheels don't come in a black? Or a locking type for that either? Does anyone know of anything different?

Does anyone know if one of Gorilla's part numbers will fit the OEM alloy wheel in black lugnuts? Or any other company? Thanks...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts