Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I haven't noticed any movement in my seat, it's very solid. Take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Is the seat locked in place after adjusting the position? I thought both sides of the drivers seat was locked until I braked after an adjustment. The left side kicked itself into locked, combo of weight in seat and applying the brakes.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have an 07 and have the same issue. It's not that the seat isn't locked in place, I've checked. A quick look underneath seemed to indicate that it's whatever holds the seat to the mount. I need to take a better look. But please let me know if you get anywhere with the dealer. And man am I glad to hear I'm not the only one afflicted with this

cad

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hmmm bought mine used. Gonna have to go see my dealership about this tomorrow...

Cad

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is the seat locked in place after adjusting the position? I thought both sides of the drivers seat was locked until I braked after an adjustment. The left side kicked itself into locked, combo of weight in seat and applying the brakes.
The seat locked in place, bolts are secured. Try adjusting the turn knob on the side up a little and then pull up on the seat. When the turn knob is adjusted down, the problem is not there. If you guys have some extra time, please see if you can replicate the problem. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
My old car (RSX) had this issue. I took out the seat and noticed that the frame had broken along a weld, welded it back up and it worked fine.... my 2010 does not do this though, seems like something that should be under warranty.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Mine rocks to the right. It only does it when I make a left hand turn. Everything is tight, and it's hard to reproduce. I also have a tear in the seam, of the bottom cushion. I only weigh a buck forty soaking wet so I don't think they can claim abuse:lol: I'm hoping to just get a whole new seat when I take it in.FWIW I have an 08 and about 24K miles :cheers:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Alright, a solution !

I brought my truck in today to have this issue looked at, mechanic fixed it (remember when mehanics actually fixed stuff rather than just replace things? I do. My dad is a mechanic and he has been lamenting the decline towards being "parts changers" for years, anyways) he told me that if it happens again, take the platic cover off of the left side of the seat and there are two torx bolts, one is pretty large, tighten them up and bang, problem gone :).

Cad

·
Registered
84 Posts
Freak'n awesome, thank you & your father, can't wait to tighten these. Bought my 2010 FJ a couple months ago with 88k miles & this is literally the only thing I don't like about it, hopefully fixed tomorrow, thanks again!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts