Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,423 Posts
Yes, but it's not a straight-forward "click here to download the PDF..." You have to have software that allows you to create PDFs or "print" to a PDF. If you have a Mac or iPad/iPhone, this is built-in. It takes a long time, because you have to click into each section of the FSM, and there are hundreds.

This is not the same FSM that's sold on ebay or in some dealerships in 3 sections. The content is the same, but it's divided into several sections (9 if I recall correctly) and each section has dozens of chapters with the contents of the FSM within. You basically have to build it yourself.

Thanks, good info I’m a Mac user so should be OK. Toyota have replied that I can access from a UK IP no issue. Mainly I want engine as the rest of the manual is pretty much the same as the older download that I have if I understand correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
^Should be exactly what you have unless they’ve updated specific bits.

·
Registered
325 Posts
sorry, who can we send his mail for file fj 2010+ ?

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,423 Posts
sorry, who can we send his mail for file fj 2010+ ?
If you read the whole thread you will find that there is no pdf of the 2010+ but most of the available download is applicable. To get the engine info you need to subscribe to Toyota and download what you want.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you read the whole thread you will find that there is no pdf of the 2010+ but most of the available download is applicable. To get the engine info you need to subscribe to Toyota and download what you want.

Sorry I flew over the messages, at the beginning of the post I thought it was necessary to communicate an email to a member to send us.
All I could download is for 2006-2009
What Toyota is registered, I live in West Africa and Toyota does not sell the FJ cruiser so no information here

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,423 Posts
Sorry I flew over the messages, at the beginning of the post I thought it was necessary to communicate an email to a member to send us.
All I could download is for 2006-2009
What Toyota is registered, I live in West Africa and Toyota does not sell the FJ cruiser so no information here
You'll see from the posts a few above that there is a link to Toyota USA to access the files on subscription. I have confirmed with them that this is OK to access from outside the USA so you should be good to do so too. You can also access from Toyota Australia and I guess Toyota South Africa may also have a similar link as I have found in the past that RSA sites have more info than many other territories.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,423 Posts
Downloaded the manual from TIS. I note there are two auto boxes and two Transfer boxes. As far as I can see the A750E is for the 2WD and the A750F is for the 4WD, likewise the VF2A is the transfer for the MT and the VF4B is for the AT. Can anyone confirm this for me?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Downloaded the manual from TIS. I note there are two auto boxes and two Transfer boxes. As far as I can see the A750E is for the 2WD and the A750F is for the 4WD, likewise the VF2A is the transfer for the MT and the VF4B is for the AT. Can anyone confirm this for me?
Confirmed.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,423 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
for the same money or less you can download the official Toyota service manual. (see the links on earlier post)
Thanks ZerosFJ for the reply. I did see those links and popped $20 for the 2 day subscription. The thing is, I can't figure out any way to download the manual. Best I could come up with is to print each document to a pdf file. There are a few hundred docs and that could take all day or more. Am I missing a download link somewhere on that site?

Cheers,
Marty

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,423 Posts
Thanks ZerosFJ for the reply. I did see those links and popped $20 for the 2 day subscription. The thing is, I can't figure out any way to download the manual. Best I could come up with is to print each document to a pdf file. There are a few hundred docs and that could take all day or more. Am I missing a download link somewhere on that site?

Cheers,
Marty
Yes that seems to be the only way to do it, that's how I did it. I think the site is really set up for on line viewing hence so laborious. Yes it took me a whole day or maybe a bit more to do it and the Mac makes it pretty straight forward, but worth it for $20 - just sign up when you know you've got a day to waste!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was just looking at the Service Manual linked to in #114 above, and noticed a couple of things. First, for some reason it's missing the index and table if contents, making finding things difficult. It's odd, because why make a PDF of a portion of the document? The other thing is that it surely is missing a huge amount of stuff. For example, it does not show how to work on the dashboard, the seats, removing the headliner, etc., etc.

141 - 156 of 156 Posts