Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2010 Summit Photo Thread!

23K views 52 replies 32 participants last post by  TTGuy 
#1 ·
I have noticed that different threads are popping up making it hard to enjoy all the pics so I am starting a central thread. Even if you have posted photos in another link go ahead and post em up here, with comments if necessary, for all to enjoy. Personally I want to see the photos that Kristen, T2s wife, took, she is never without a camera. Feel free to post up pics of your entire trip, not just of the Summit. We went to Moab before the Summit and it was amazing and highly recommended.

Third Summit for me and the first time I have seen this!

Check out this mug!

Nishimura thinks Woodford is......STRONG! :cheers:

My son helping The Keeper out...:lol:

FJs heading down into the clouds!

My new screen saver...photo taken coming down Imogene.

As Jim D says...Its not that steep...its steeper! Check out the peeps at the top.

Dont make a turn!!!

Hot and Steep!

Videos are popping up on youtube as well - search 2010 FJ Summit
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=2010+FJ+Summit&aq=f

See less See more
#6 ·
Some of ours

Attachments

#7 ·
And Some More

Attachments

#8 ·
Vince's FJ Summit #4 Report – July 18 – 25, 2010 - Part One

2065 miles round trip from Fullerton California to Ouray Colorado.

I met up with John (DRTYFUN) at 5:30 am at a gas station in Brea and we hit the road. We picked up Randy (5greens) and his son in Victorville, and we had us a convoy.

Randy behind me on the 15 in Victorville.

I got to the KOA campground Sunday night (2 days early) and used the rooftop tent for the first 2 night. Then I got my regular campsite and set up the big tent for the next few days.

Ty and Seth setting up the event venue at the Best Western.

I got into Ouray a couple of days early and went up the Imogene Pass solo. I ran into a former SoCal couple (now living in Boulder Co.) who had just bought a new Trail Teams 4Runner and they asked if they could follow me up the trail.

Not as much snow pack up their on top this year.

It’s like driving on Mars.

Top of Imogene Pass.

I turned around and headed back down the same way I had come up from Ouray, and the couple in the 4Runner kept going on down into Telluride.

A nice waterfall along the trail.

The next day I was a trail leader on the early morning Alpine Loop trail.

We were over 8 hours on the trail.

In the clouds.

Group shot.

Switchbacks.

Continued below...

-

#9 ·
Vince's FJ Summit #4 Report – July 18 – 25, 2010 - Part Two

The next day I was the Trailgunner for Don (Wicked) on the early morning Imogene Pass run. Here we are crossing the stream at the beginning of the run.

The flowers were great as usual.

Driving on Mars.

Mark lifting his leg on the trail.

Down the ledge road into Telluride.

Aspen grove on Ophir Pass trail

The last (3rd) day of organized trail runs (Saturday), I was the tailgunner for Motor Drive (Michael Scully) on the California Pass / Corkscrew trails.

More great flowers.

The top of California Pass.

Motor Drive chillin in the tundra.

Coming down through the corkscrews (switchbacks).

I got up at 4:30 am on Sunday morning and drove straight through back home to Fullerton stopping only for gas and tacos (once in Cedar City). It took me 14 hours total. This was the sunrise as I was passing through Grand Junction.

I had a great time as usual.

-

#11 ·
Awesome pics guys!

#13 ·
Had a great time!!

Attachments

#14 ·
A few pics from our summit experience
Just entering Ouray

Larry (Scorpion) with spotting duties and Word making the attempt at the wall

My attempt (the winch line tells the story)

My New Viking Winch Line got a real work out on the wall

#17 ·
Gorgeous photos! :bigthumb:

#19 ·
Story is the Blue Rig went on it's side at the wall. That's what I heard anyway

#25 ·
His rig slipped of into a crack and flopped on its side, he did not roll the FJ totally over. He bent a rod in his engine and his insurance company is on the deal. The body damage didnt appear to be that bad, the engine is the kicker. If you search on youtube for "fj finds its wheels" you will see the FJ getting back upright with him still in it. Bummer of a deal, he said he shut it off right away but apparently not fast enough. Lessen here is if you are going over, shut your rig off right away.

Now back to the photos.

#26 ·
Good description Matt and hopefully enough said. Out of respect for the owner, who is a good forum citizen, we should let him come forward to discuss his mishap AFTER he settles up with his insurance.:bigthumb:

#27 ·
More Foto's

Attachments

#28 ·
Just a few of my Pictures can be found at this link:
Picasa Web Albums - RSR - OKFJ

I'm trying to keep that collection small for people that want to see some pictures, not all 1000+ pictures from my trip.

If you were with me on a run, please email or PM me and I'll send you a link to all of the pictures from that run.

I'll have some videos up ASAP. My computer is old so it takes forever to process the HD videos.

Tuesday - 7:30 PM Engineer - Silverton
Wednesday - 9 am Old Hundred Mine / Animas Forks / California - Corkscrew
Thursday - 9 am Alpine loop to California Cork Screw.
Friday - 9:30 Imogene - Teluride - Ophir
Saturday - 9:30 Black Bear - Teluride - Ophir

#32 ·
Keep posting up photos, no matter how many times you attend the Summit you will always see something new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.