Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Texican
8,572 Posts
He posted a few comments about it here...
Rolled the FJ | My Toyota FJ Cruiser
At the FJ summit this last week I managed to put the FJ on its side. I am still working with the insurance company to iron out the details on the claim.

Once I have additional details I will post about what happened and the insurance claim process.

This happened the day before the summit started so I was unable to participate in any of the organized activities.

Thanks for all the kind and encouraging words.
:eek: DOH!

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
His rig slipped of into a crack and flopped on its side, he did not roll the FJ totally over. He bent a rod in his engine and his insurance company is on the deal. The body damage didnt appear to be that bad, the engine is the kicker. If you search on youtube for "fj finds its wheels" you will see the FJ getting back upright with him still in it. Bummer of a deal, he said he shut it off right away but apparently not fast enough. Lessen here is if you are going over, shut your rig off right away.

Now back to the photos.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
His rig slipped of into a crack and flopped on its side, he did not roll the FJ totally over. He bent a rod in his engine and his insurance company is on the deal. The body damage didnt appear to be that bad, the engine is the kicker. If you search on youtube for "fj finds its wheels" you will see the FJ getting back upright with him still in it. Bummer of a deal, he said he shut it off right away but apparently not fast enough. Lessen here is if you are going over, shut your rig off right away.

Now back to the photos.
Good description Matt and hopefully enough said. Out of respect for the owner, who is a good forum citizen, we should let him come forward to discuss his mishap AFTER he settles up with his insurance.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
838 Posts
More Foto's

Attachments

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Just a few of my Pictures can be found at this link:
Picasa Web Albums - RSR - OKFJ

I'm trying to keep that collection small for people that want to see some pictures, not all 1000+ pictures from my trip.

If you were with me on a run, please email or PM me and I'll send you a link to all of the pictures from that run.

I'll have some videos up ASAP. My computer is old so it takes forever to process the HD videos.

Tuesday - 7:30 PM Engineer - Silverton
Wednesday - 9 am Old Hundred Mine / Animas Forks / California - Corkscrew
Thursday - 9 am Alpine loop to California Cork Screw.
Friday - 9:30 Imogene - Teluride - Ophir
Saturday - 9:30 Black Bear - Teluride - Ophir

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts

Now back to the photos.
I couldn't find the video, but I'm the winch who rolled him back over.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Keep posting up photos, no matter how many times you attend the Summit you will always see something new.

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
Here's a bunch. What a great time! I promised myself I could not go to the Summit unless I found a new job....and it came through Thursday afternoon before the Summit! :clap: We are looking forward to 2011!

Found this at the Summit in a bunch of flowers................ should I keep her? :)

Flowers were INCREDIBLE! Even better than last year! :bigthumb:

Bridal Veil Falls from the other side of the Valley.......

TOP OF THE WORLD! :)

The Summit is definitely a Family Friendly event!

This marmot was wondering what we were doing in his 'hood!

The flowers in the tundra was simply amazing. This is Ray and Tania from CANADA!

Coming down Black Bear....

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts

Yep, that's Odie that has a firm grip on DAGORED's roof rack!

Brett (gericurl76) surveying the scene on Black Bear.

Sweet old barns on Last Dollar Road from Telluride back to Ouray....

Last Dollar Ranch on Last Dollar Road

Brad (cnckart) from Ricochet Offroad was sighted at the Summit!

Digger hanging out on Sunday morning waiting for the group pic to be taken...

Look at all the crazy people who got up early on Sunday morning for the photo!

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I know this is the photo thread, but I had a video that I would like you all to review.

I purchased a new camcorder for this event and I'm trying to find the best way to share the videos. Just like last year, I don't think anyone would want to watch an 8 hour long trail run so I decided to run them in fast forward.

To change the effect a little I converted this video to still frames at 3 frames a second, then played back the video at 25 frames a second. It makes the video look like a series of time lapse photos, but I'm still thinking it is just a little to fast.

Please watch the video below and let me know what you think. You can PM me if you don't want to post in this thread.

Thanks,
C

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well, I made it back yesterday. I was in in Miles City Montana and spent a four days in Jackson Hole going back and forth to Yellowstone. I have all the pics (108) on photobucket but, I cannot figure out to host just the album. It is a sub album and it tells me I cannot share a sub album. So, if someone knows how to please let me know. I will post some pics and have some from Jackson.
The first few will be of the Thursday run on Alpine, Engineer and Cinnamon pass.

On the way to Ouray. Got held up with construction, rain, hail etc

Hey! Who put a Escalade in there

In the wrong line!

On the way to Alpine

Trailhead

Letting some pass

Awwww! pooped out literally!

21 - 40 of 53 Posts