Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that The TRD folks rolled out the 2010 Trail Team FJ, Sandstorm with a blacked out hood.

Where are the pics?

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I am stuck here at the beach,and am looking forward to seeing a LOT of pics from the Summit. Our pals are having way too much fun to take pics I guess.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
About 100 ppl were snapping pics like crazy, so there will be many I'm sure. There just isn't much internet access around here. I didn't have my camera at the time, so you'll have to wait on someone else. I'll tell you though, it looked really nice. I'm stoked our group was literally the first folks to see the 2010.

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
The 2010 TT version is the same exact vehicle I saw at SEMA in October 2008. (Confirmed by TRD) There is at least one photo of it in my gallery. Here's one more on the SEMA floor:

I will shoot some photos and post them. ONE VERY INTERESTING NOTE: The TRD rep said the TT will have a different engine in it that the standard FJ. I am not sure I believe him.... :jester:

·
fka Mojave FJ
440 Posts
Here are a couple pics of the 2010 TT prototype. It's actually a 2007 Sunfusion that has been made up to look like the new TT. The TRD rep said the Garmin GPS system will not be included in the TT package as stated in the FJ issue 6 brochure. He also said green would be the new color for 2010 with Blue being discontinued.

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Hmmmm.... i wonder if the "different engine" will be the diesel V8? MT or AT?

I look at those pix and my brain says... well that bumper has to go, and those rock sliders, and the roof rack..... and then i think maybe i'm better off getting a basic whatever with a diesel and add the mods like I'm doing with my Fusion right now?

I mean the cost to do the black-out stuff is really nominal. Any interior shots? I heard it was going to be a canvas style seat material??

And now my brain is going "Hmmmm my Fusion would look good with canvas seat material, and there's an Amish tarp shop right down the road..."
Seats with Carhart material yummmm!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
:rocker:
Just got home from the summitt, The color is kinda creamish looks good IMO, the wheels look good, there was something about a rear facing camera mounted in center of the spare tire, seat material is different although I don't know exactly what it is and are 2 tone. The toyota rep said Toyota had stopped production of 2009's @ about 3,000 units total for year, that will make them fairly rare maybe worth more? also said production run for S.E. will be 1500 units with manuals and auto's, don't know how many of each. Production will resume with 2010 models so there will be at least 1 more year of production, economy will determine how many to be built. He also said that the manufacturers are some what unsure what gummit regulation there are going to be so that will have a big effect on what happens

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
V8 with SC? Wonder how much power it puts out. Other upgrades to handle the additional power?

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
V8 with SC? Wonder how much power it puts out. Other upgrades to handle the additional power?
Doesn't their I-force V8 make something like 280HP but 340-350 tq?

Im guessing that with a SC on a V8 your looking at a minimum of 400peak tq.

I am also guessing there is no way in heck the rear end on stock FJ's can handle that much tq.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm going to pick up my 2010 TT Edition tomorrow in Melbourne, FL. I'm trading in my 2007, and got a sweet deal.

Has anyone else brought one home yet?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts