Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard the release date? I called today but no one at my local Toyota dealership knows if they will come out with one. Anxiously waiting for one!
:flame:

·
Registered
493 Posts
You already have it :) Remove OEM pre-filter and air filter, pop TRD air filter in and call it CAI.. I took out charcoal screen too...
Same effect as a CAI?

KyFJGuy

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
"CAI" is the acronym for "Cold Air Intake". The 2010 pulls air from outside the engine bay, you get pretty much a straight-shot from there to the engine. Minus some sound baffling, it’s pretty much as good as it gets. Fantastic stock design, if you ask me.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
"CAI" is the acronym for "Cold Air Intake". The 2010 pulls air from outside the engine bay, you get pretty much a straight-shot from there to the engine. Minus some sound baffling, it’s pretty much as good as it gets. Fantastic stock design, if you ask me.
What he said :cheers:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Installed one in my '07, but I decided it would be a waste of money and time to install it in my '10 since Toyota already took care of it for me.

Come to think of it, I am not sure if it was worth it on my '07..........

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Installed one in my '07, but I decided it would be a waste of money and time to install it in my '10 since Toyota already took care of it for me.

Come to think of it, I am not sure if it was worth it on my '07..........
On 07 it was worth it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I called TRD today and a tech said that mid to late February '11 is the release date. I've been hearing multiple release dates for over a year now though like everyone else, so don't hold your breath. Don't know how much of an improvement it will be considering the intake on the '10 is an upgrade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts