Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer got one in. Will try and go take pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
lies. i need visual proof.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nevermind I lied. The unicorn still exists. I drove all the way to the dealer for them to tell me they had it wrong and the FJ is still at the port.

·
Registered
156 Posts
DAMN! I was really hoping to see a pic. I am talking to my local dealer to try and get one myself; he has not been able to get me a confirmed date of arrival for me yet.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Seems a little weak in the knees. But, then again you could photo shop something and string us out, so I'll roll with it for now.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
:soapbox:This Thread Is Useless Without Pics:deal:

:domotwak:

·
Registered
460 Posts
You got me so worked up I called my dealer and he checked the whole North West region and if I trust him.. Which I only sort of do, there are none at dealers yet. But that doesn't mean someone else doesn't have one... But really... Who's cell phone doesn't take pics?

Incidentally for others in the Northwest, there are 14 allocated. That's for 6 states.. 6 of them are already spoken for so if you want one of the other 8, I'd go to your stealership and sign on the dotted line.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Ok, question. Are the TT models that rare, or are people just excited to have the first? I was hoping to get my 11' TT like in July or August. Am I being realistic or if I miss out of this first batch to the NW am I just F’ed?

·
Registered
460 Posts
well if last year is any indication then the definitive answer is No. You're not F'ed. Actually you'd be better off to wait until August as come late fall of 2010 my dealer couldn't give away his TT... Sure it's fun to be the first, but remember that privilege comes with a price tag of as much as 4-5k more than you'll spend for one in the fall... Now guys will tell you that this year won't be like last year or this, that or the other thing and if you want one you better order it now... And you take that for whatever you want... But I'm just saying as a 2010 buyer, TT's were EVERYWHERE last fall and they were cheap.. I don't think I'd ever pre-order a TT unless I was filthy rich or they come out with one in bright red with gun metal TRD wheels, Red interior accents (like red stitching on the seats) a white top, and a personalized certificate of authenticity that I could frame or carry around in my wallet. But hey, that's just me... And you've gotta do, what you've gotta do...

That said, I'll be here next fall posting the low prices of the TT's sitting on my lot covered in bird $hit.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Whew! Good. Not ready to get one yet but really want the TT. Like the solid color as well as stock 16in wheels with BFG AT tires. Could care less about the suspension as I plan on heading up to Metal-tech for lift and bumpers shortly after I get it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
well if last year is any indication then the definitive answer is No. You're not F'ed. Actually you'd be better off to wait until August as come late fall of 2010 my dealer couldn't give away his TT... Sure it's fun to be the first, but remember that privilege comes with a price tag of as much as 4-5k more than you'll spend for one in the fall... Now guys will tell you that this year won't be like last year or this, that or the other thing and if you want one you better order it now... And you take that for whatever you want... But I'm just saying as a 2010 buyer, TT's were EVERYWHERE last fall and they were cheap.. I don't think I'd ever pre-order a TT unless I was filthy rich or they come out with one in bright red with gun metal TRD wheels, Red interior accents (like red stitching on the seats) a white top, and a personalized certificate of authenticity that I could frame or carry around in my wallet. But hey, that's just me... And you've gotta do, what you've gotta do...

That said, I'll be here next fall posting the low prices of the TT's sitting on my lot covered in bird $hit.
The owner of the dealership I'm working with gave me some really good advice similar to that in buying a car/truck/SUV in general. Buy as late into the model year as you can to get the discounts, rebates, etc.

On the other hand, because I was looking for the TTSE and they don't know how many are going to be made or how popular this year's version will be, buying early or even ordering it would be wise.

I'm paying a couple hundred over INVOICE, several thousand off MSRP, again because of a solid dealer/customer relationship. They know they will make it up with service (10+ years of it on my Tacoma with them) and referrals.

I checked out the 2010 TTSEs and they didn't do anything for me. I would have probably went with the Quicksand if the Army Green with black accents 2011 TTSE didn't catch my eye.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I agree... a stiff wind could've pushed me into the TT last year... but in the end the paint and the racing seat stripes was just more than I could bare... If I were still in the market I'd probably be very interested in the 2011 TT..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts