Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first post -- just wanted to say hello since the forum regulars have been helpful in deciding that this new fj would be the newest project.
this will be about the 15th truck i've built over 35+ years, incl a few resscue trucks, but the first fj.
i'm copying a project i did a few years back building a late model green jeep to look like a ww2 era willys with stars and all.

my builds have included a couple of h1's, h2, jeep, ford and dodge trucks.
i'm on the red cross hope team for disasters and the local emergency response team here in south fla and have 4 wheeled my share, incl a few exotic locations around the world incl hawaii, iceland, the caribbean, israel, jordan, easter island, atacama chile, etc...
whenever i'm avail i'm happy to help anyone with any questions.

based on your suggestions, it looks like we are doing a full icon 3'' susp with matte black wheels undecided and bfg km2's.
doc has a full setup of m-pacs at the powdercoaters being done in olive drab.
prob full budbuilts with the little missing pieces added.
will add dual batts and larger altern underhood and a snorkel.looking at road armor or fab bumper with winch and plastic rope.

also have a matching od green rokon 2wd offroad motorcycle with sidecar and trailer being built.
just received an od military m101a2 trailer to tow behind which we are outfitting for disaster and partying.

jeez... sound like an autobiography, but i guess it will do as an intro.
thanks again to everyone and keep up the good work -- you sold me.

·
Admin
8,506 Posts
Welcome... good first post... just lacking a whole wack of olive drab pics! :D

:cheers:

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
welcome to the gang... good luck with this new project.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

cheers,

dale

·
Premium Member
16,937 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to the forums!
Great first post. Looks like you have a plan.
Post some pics when you have a chance.
Good luck with the mods.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Congrats, cant wait to see some pictures.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
here's proof it exists.....
factory green roof and interior, black parts, e-locker, etc...
eventually going to the paint shop to wet sand then clear with uv matt clear to change the paint to more of a military od green look.

here's some of what we're doing -- thanks for all the suggestions from others.

matt black extreme alloy wheels with black splined lugs and bfg km2's in 285/17 on order along with icon ivd coated stage 6 plus their other little parts.

deciding on roof lights incl alley lights and front bumper lights -- maybe rigid le's and xmitter on rear since i alreadt have one.
will be following the great builds posted for wiring to avoid roof holes.
while i am not doing it again i will try to get and post pics of the last fj i designed for a friend which has a custom painted conduit on the a-pillar for the roof lights wiring.

rear bumper dilema -- dont want to have to open a spare carrier everytime i open the rear door -- was a pita on my last truck -- but would like the extra jerry can holders.

front fab fours front bumper coming to house my warn 9.5ti coming off the sold h2 -- changing to plastic rope -- i've seen wire rope break and come thru a rovers windshield when they werent using a damper.

full set of springtail od green m-pacs being done now.

using the garvin drop in roof basket with their axe/shovel and hi-lift carrier,
and tuffy console -- its a shame that console vault only makes their vaults for the larger trucks since they are what the fbi uses and are way beyond the tuffy stuff.

looking at warrior tube flares and arb snorkel.

using rigid ind interior red led's for night vision and underbody led's for trail spotting and work lights.

will continue the posts and pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
here's proof it exists.....
factory green roof and interior, black parts, e-locker, etc...
eventually going to the paint shop to wet sand then clear with uv matt clear to change the paint to more of a military od green look.

here's some of what we're doing -- thanks for all the suggestions from others.

matt black extreme alloy wheels with black splined lugs and bfg km2's in 285/17 on order along with icon ivd coated stage 6 plus their other little parts.

deciding on roof lights incl alley lights and front bumper lights -- maybe rigid le's and xmitter on rear since i alreadt have one.
will be following the great builds posted for wiring to avoid roof holes.
while i am not doing it again i will try to get and post pics of the last fj i designed for a friend which has a custom painted conduit on the a-pillar for the roof lights wiring.

rear bumper dilema -- dont want to have to open a spare carrier everytime i open the rear door -- was a pita on my last truck -- but would like the extra jerry can holders.

front fab fours front bumper coming to house my warn 9.5ti coming off the sold h2 -- changing to plastic rope -- i've seen wire rope break and come thru a rovers windshield when they werent using a damper.

full set of springtail od green m-pacs being done now.

using the garvin drop in roof basket with their axe/shovel and hi-lift carrier,
and tuffy console -- its a shame that console vault only makes their vaults for the larger trucks since they are what the fbi uses and are way beyond the tuffy stuff.

looking at warrior tube flares and arb snorkel.

using rigid ind interior red led's for night vision and underbody led's for trail spotting and work lights.

will continue the posts and pics.

Welcome mate.

I too am a new army green FJ owner ready to start accessorizing. Did you already get new tires?

Easiest way to post pics is to open a free image shack account and upload. They provide a forum code with every pic so you can attach link and it will post.

Here is my new one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts