Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Can you get a BLUE 2011 FJ base model (auto) locally?

• Yes, my dealer has 'em!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, my dealer has not got any!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No, but they can order me in one pretty quick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, and they don't know when they can get any more

Votes: 2 66.7%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi! Just an informal poll, does anyone's local dealer have stock on the BLUE base model?

We want to buy a 2011 SJ Cruiser FWD 5A, standard package. BLUE. I've
contacted some dealers in the Maritimes but they do not seem to have them
in stock, and they suggest there is not one in ALL OF CANADA. Can this be
true?? Are they sold out in your neck of the woods too???

I contacted the head office of Toyota Canada, but they refused comment ("We have noted your inquiry and would like to mention that Toyota Canada Inc.'s Customer Interaction Centre does not have access to dealerships' inventories. As such, we are unable to advise you regarding the availability of the 2011 FJ Cruiser.")

Local dealers are not currently able to tell me how long it would take to simply ORDER ONE FROM THE FACTORY. Seems its a real mess there in Toyo-land after the big natural disaster :-(

·
Registered
627 Posts
bump --- anyone hear any news about these base models? I want one....

Inventory is dwindling after the earthquake and Tsunami. I used to see about 130 various FJ's on Toyota's southeast US website when I bought my 2011 Iceberg in January, and now I only see 29 total!

1 silver base model 4x2
2 iceberg 4x2's with some options added (about $3k US)

There is one blue 4x4, with the offroad package, stickered at $32,114 available in the Southeast US right now.

Maybe search parts of the US near to you. Fly down and drive it back or have it shipped up there. I know, it costs a lot to do that.

Supply is down to almost nothing down here. I'm sure production will pick back up in a few months though.

-FJ Florida-

·
Registered
627 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE: I recently contacted about 20 dealers... (every one in the 3 provinces of the maritimes!) and many said "there are none, and orders have been suspended". Some said " we can order you one, could get here in several months". But half a dozen dealers said "there are two IN THE PIPELINE, originally scheduled to arrive in Canada May 2011, but now pushed back to mid-July due to the earthquake - and we can try to re-route one to our dealership..."

After some negotiations, the best of the dealers managed to 'grab' one of the incoming orders for us, and we put a deposit on it. They're hopeful that it will arrive to their dealership before the end of JULY.

BTW, I did a bit of a typo in my first post - "FWD" is supposed to read "4WD" (there are no 2-wheel drive models in the Canadian lineup, the base model is a 4x4.)

Anyway, we are very happy to have secured one of the two base model Blue FJs likely to arrive in Canada this year!

As far as I know, there is still ONE MORE in the build pipeline, likely to arrive to either Ontario or Manitoba late July. ASK SEVERAL DEALERS if you want to grab it - we wasted almost 2 months with the first dealer we contacted, who simply didn't have a clue how to read the nationwide inventory list.

ALSO, if anyone wants a GREEN base model, there is one available now at a dealer in PEI

·
Registered
14 Posts
thanks for the update man -- finally looks like you got what you wanted.

i'm looking for a silver fresco base --- saw a brick down in the TO area...

florida thanks for the insight. i'm up here in canada so i may have to go down south if necessary to find what i want.

were the dealers willing to go near invoice price for ya drwy?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most of the dealers who thought they could get it asked for exactly list price, but the dealership that we finally ended up with knocked a tiny bit off the base and $600 off of the accessories. If it's waiting there for us in a month or two, we'll be perfectly happy...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts