Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my Gulf Spec grey FJ ordered and am due to take possession this week. It has the new JBL stereo, 6 disk changer & 10 speakers (also seems to have USB in - which is an unexpected bonus) and sub with steering controls on the left.

The FJ is not specified to have bluetooth, but it has the BT steering controls on the right hand side of the steering wheel. I can guess that there will be no mic fitted, but should it be easy enough for me to fit BT to the existing stereo/steering controls?

Also, I have two reversing sensors. Should it be easy to fit two extra sensors on the side of the bumper (same as the higher spec model)?

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
My NSSE came with the upgraded JBL audio but no bluetooth (specified), so I was initially worried. Then when I got in it and started playing around, the bluetooth audio streaming worked just fine. Then I tried to make a call...and that worked fine too.

So I'd say don't be worried too much for now, I think the headunit in yours takes care of all that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My NSSE came with the upgraded JBL audio but no bluetooth (specified), so I was initially worried. Then when I got in it and started playing around, the bluetooth audio streaming worked just fine. Then I tried to make a call...and that worked fine too.

So I'd say don't be worried too much for now, I think the headunit in yours takes care of all that.
I really hope you are right. There are two spec levels here & they are adamant that only the higher spec models have the bluetooth. Fingers crossed :cheers:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I hope to pick it up tomorrow evening. Fingers crossed.

BTW, the dark grey looks savage with the grey painted 2011 alloys.

·
Banned
9,079 Posts
I don't want o be a bummer, but bluetooth calling is different than the protocol used for bluetooth audio streaming. You may be fine for calling but not for streaming your music, that may be the difference. you should be able to use the usb to stream music though, so you might not even need to care :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't want o be a bummer, but bluetooth calling is different than the protocol used for bluetooth audio streaming. You may be fine for calling but not for streaming your music, that may be the difference. you should be able to use the usb to stream music though, so you might not even need to care :)
TBH, I'll be delighted if I get phone function. The USB is fine for the music system I have, I don't need Bluetooth streaming + even though its wireless, you still need to plug in the player for power - its a shame they don't put the USB socket in the glove box to hide the trail of wires across the center console

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked her up this evening. Ohh so schueet!!!

BT voice and audio included. Am so delighted,what a car..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine came with just the basic audio setup, and I can confirm it has bluetooth.
I have since swaped out the original headunit for a Pioneer AVICz130bt, does anyone want to buy my old headunit? It says Pioneer on the label.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts