Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the bone stock 2011 2WD because it met my needs for now and had good towing capacity - and it was all I could afford (barely).

My question is this: The bone stock suspension leaves my FJ rocking like a boat being tossed in the sea after I go over a speed bump. A speed bump for crying out loud! So, this situation is unacceptable.

I tow about 1500 pounds right now, increasing to about 3000 in the future if all goes well. I also go down some bumpy dirt roads and trails to get to where I want to fish, and in the future to where I want to camp.

I also don't really like my 2011 FJ not sitting level. It looks several inches low in the front.

Since I just spent all my money on a new FJ and have limited funds for additions, what are some ideas on how I can improve the ride of my FJ? Is upgrading the front suspension an option (until I can do more), and what can I expect to spend? Please keep the budget of suggestions to an absolute minimum - I know upgrades can cost serious cash.

Thanks!

-FJ Florida-

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What`s your budget anyways?
Ummmmmmm ... as little as it takes to get the first of several significant incremental benefits over time? I mean, I will spend the money over time, but I would like to do it gradually if possible. Is there any 'big bang for the buck' for my situation that would get me started?

-FJ Florida-

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Ummmmmmm ... as little as it takes to get the first of several significant incremental benefits over time?

-FJ Florida-
Number would help :lol: Don`t forget to consider labor to install whatever you buy :)

On the serious note... I say - set of Bilstein shocks and 4x4 coils with 1" lift spacer in the front would make you happy.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Number would help :lol: Don`t forget to consider labor to install whatever you buy :)

On the serious note... I say - set of Bilstein shocks and 4x4 coils with 1" lift spacer in the front would make you happy.
OK, roughly what does that cost? Also, I am completely ignorant about this stuff, so what exactly are 4x4 coils and what model Bilstein shocks? Thanks!

-FJ Florida-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts