Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I am new to the FJ. I just purchaced a used 2008 4x2. I just did a 3" front spacer lift and a 2" reaer spacer lift. It rides great however the front is still a lower then the rear. I heard if I replaced a 4x4 front strut/spring that it will left my front 1 1/2 to 2 inches more? Also, one of the members has a 2011 4x4 front stock set of strut/springs, will it fit on my 2008 4x2?

Please help, Thank you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have never tried this but will probably try it soon, as far as the 2011 shock/ strut, to my knowledge it will not fit, best to look for 2007-2009 suspension set up to be sure

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
It will not fit without modification. The mounting point of the strut is wider... either you'll have to grind the strut down for it to fit, or you'll need to buy a pair of struts. I have done this exact swap... I'll be getting Bilstein 5100s for the front soon so, I can get the front up a little higher.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok guy,

I just want to thank Steve, he sold me a set of 2014 stock 4x4 struts and springs for my 2008 4x2. I had to grind the strut mount. It was a little wider then the 2008. Very little grinding was needed. They made a big difference. My 2008 is now 2 inches taller and looks great. I have 2 inch spacer in the rear and a 3 inch front lift.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts