Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2011 FJ and have made a few mods to it. Nothing crazy, but i really like it. I Plasti-Dip'd the top as I really didn't like the white. I bought new 20" wheels and new tires that are more aggressive but still ride pretty smooth at 70 MPH.

I have a before and after picture to show what it looked like

More to come but pretty happy how she looks so far!:nerd

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I thought I was going to hate the 20"s, but they actually look pretty good. Nice FJ and welcome!!

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
39,205 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
222 Posts
You should get the top wrapped or painted. The top would look sweet in a matching gloss black.

Nice truck though! When I read "20s" I was expecting the worst, but that looks pretty nice actually.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Maybe try plastidip glossizer on the roof. And do your mirrors an door handles.Looks good but that will put it over the top.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome to the gang

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the EXACT same issues! I HATE my white top, and want to make it go bye bye! How much did you pay to get it blackened? What's the difference between paint and the method you used?

Sweet looking wheels. I have the stock wheels that came with it. So you increased the rim size to 20"? What size tires? Did you have it lifted?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dude that's sweet! Have you thought about plastidipping anything else? Also was it pretty easy? I've heard it was but I haven't tried it. I'm a little nervous. I've never really spray painted anything.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Welcome from MA. I initially hated the white roof as well but it has begun to grow on me after replacing the grille, mirrors, and door handles with black TT ones...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts