Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
The 2011 is the same size opening, but my understanding is that it uses a LAN interface to communicate the data/sound through the FJ. You will need to re-wire everything in order to swap headunits. I am not sure if this is for the both the basic and "upgrade" systems - surely someone with an 11 (like FJ Florida) can be more precise on this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx catman! will head to a bodyshop and find out in couple weeks. hopefully, FJ FL post on this before tat!

·
Registered
627 Posts
is the in dash the same as the 2010? looking to get a gps/dvd system for my new FJ. Was only able to find unit up to 201o FJ:
Pioneer AVIC-X920BT Navigation receiver at Crutchfield Signature

thank you!

I didn't catch this the first time around - belongs in the electrical and audio forum. That's OK we all make mistakes.

No, the 2011 is very, very different from previous models. Even the speaker wiring harnesses are not the same, and the 2011 rear pillar locations have no power if you have the 6 speaker base 2011. A factory rear amp running on a LAN was added in 2011 to power the rear pillars and sub in the "upgrade package' with the sub. Please feel free to send me messages via the messaging system or post questions in the audio/electrical forum. Please also check out the thread: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/stereo-electronics-electrical/122575-2011-audio-mod.html. You may not want to do the exact mod as described, but there is a lot of other useful info there. Also, I am willing to help anyone seeking advice with the 2011 system.

The nav in that particular model has a bad reputation, and the user reviews on the Crutchfield site appear to confirm that reputation.

-FJ Florida-

·
Registered
4 Posts
thx FJ Florida, i will take that up to the body shop, and update it here later
Hi motofj...I am looking at the Pioneer AVIC Z130bt (similar to the AVIC X920BT) and I'm having difficulty finding out whether these head units are compatible with the factory wiring and speaker configurations on a 2011 FJ (with upgraded JBL stereo package). Did you ever find out whether it can be done?

·
Registered
627 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey There
I just installed that Pioneer System AVICZ130BT, you can get a new adapter wire harness to make the steering shell controls operate and the sat antenna can be adapted to work with the pioneer and I installed BASE POWER speakers
I replace the 6 x 9's in the door with 6" round and new cross overs and tweeters in the door just to the right of the door handle, then replaced the in dash speakers, I left the rear pillars alone and the sub. I installed dynamat in all the doors and the headliner. the System works great including the nab, bluetooth, and telephone all controls are thru the factory options.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey There
I just installed that Pioneer System AVICZ130BT, you can get a new adapter wire harness to make the steering shell controls operate and the sat antenna can be adapted to work with the pioneer and I installed BASE POWER speakers
I replace the 6 x 9's in the door with 6" round and new cross overs and tweeters in the door just to the right of the door handle, then replaced the in dash speakers, I left the rear pillars alone and the sub. I installed dynamat in all the doors and the headliner. the System works great including the nab, bluetooth, and telephone all controls are thru the factory options.
This sounds like something i'd be interested in. So everything remains interacts? i.e. source button, volume/track up and down, and most importantly blue tooth phone (use of oem Microphone)?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts