Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wish I'd discovered this amazing vehicle years ago. I took one for a test drive on Friday, Feb. 4th, and owned it on the 5th. I can't believe it took me this long to find the perfect ride.

I'm a woodworker, and we have a small farm here in WV as well. Can't imagine a more suitable vehicle for everything I need one to do. Y'all actually played a role in the purchase, too.

When I got back from the test drive, I Googled the Fj, looking for user complaints. I read a lot of the posts in this forum, and that was that.

I have the Upgrade Package, the Convenience Pkg., and hell, a ton more - it was the only Fj on the lot, army green, roof rack, just awesome top to bottom and inside and out.

I should add that I sort of introduced myself a couple of days ago, but it was answering another new member in the New and Old Guy thread. Then I realized I was supposed to greet everyone with a new thread, so I put the condensed version in this one to be polite.

That, and I tend to repeat myself the older I get......

Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Congrats! The Army Green is an awesome color. Very unique. Somewhat like my Sandstorm. It gets looks from the guys who know. :lol:

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Welcome aboard and the green color looks good on the FJC. I was so impressed with my test drive of the FJ I bought it that day. That was almost 5 years ago and I'm still smiling! Good Luck with yours. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,933 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Welcome. I still catch myself admiring FJs just about every time I pass one and walk up to my own!

·
Registered
6 Posts
:bigthumb:
I just purchased my first 2011 FJ two weeks ago, after my 2005 F-150 basically needed a new engine. I'm still a little shocked that the F-150 only lasted 80k miles, and still trying to get over not having a truck, but I'm liking the new wheels so far.

Found this place looking for ideas for accessories. I found a new antenna and bracket and got my HF radio installed. Now, I need a cool looking side step for the GF to help her get in, any maybe a bull bar with lights. Any suggestions what to get and where to buy?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
149 Posts
:rocker:Congrats on your new rig! Woodworking will never be the same, enjoy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome! Love mine too. It is amazing to me how many complete strangers will approach and admire the FJ, or just ask "what is this?", or "how do you like it? - i was thinking of getting one", and "can i take a look inside?", etc.

I was also amazed at how many people at work complimented my FJ (which was the completely opposite reaction my old Aztek got - POS!). I definitely upgraded! :rocker:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, it's something else. Never ever been enamored of a car before, all were just need-fillers.

I actually bought
last night, to read the history of them. Yes, I have it that kinda bad...

My son, who when he was first married lived in a city, called it a "Soccer Mom" car when I told him I got one. Said all he ever saw driving them were 30-ish women. I haven't stopped laughing at that one yet - like it's my fault people buy things just because they can. My wife said "Yeah, maybe - if she's a Commando Soccer Mom".

I am starting to pick up on the fact though that they are seen as a sort of big-boy-toy, all the off-road trail ride focus and mods seem to point in that direction, at least here.

I confess I bought mine as a farm and delivery vehicle, one where I can run fence or haul parts/supplies to the field when I'm working, as well as deliver the furniture I build - I ordered a new trailer last week, and Toyota is adding a nice hitch and electric brake system as part of the deal I made with them.

I don't see too many Fj's around here - a few, but not a lot. Seems like if they were more known, at least in these parts, that a lot of folks who make their living outdoors would be lining up to buy one. I know I couldn't wait to get rid of my 2009 F250 once I found this sucker. This and the 5' x 10' trailer with electric brakes is really all I'll ever need, and I'll enjoy the ride a helluva lot more.

Speaking of perfect miters, heh - back to work.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome and congratulations, now the mod bug will bite you pretty soon....lol.

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts