Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I have a vibration coming from the upper windshield moulding when I start going about 60-80mph. This seems like a common issue (from previous posts) and Toyota has manufactured a replacement part to correct issue.

My question is does anyone have the process of how to replace this piece? Sounds like it's a pretty easy procedure but if someone could list a general step by step would be great! Don't want to crack the windshield or break something I shouldn't underneath moulding.

Thanks!

Cody C.
2011 FJ NSSE

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rubber trim is still there. The vibration is from the plastic piece that runs right behind that (between windshield and roof). I believe the Toyota replacement piece has another piece of trim that is rests on the windshield to prevent air from moving it (vibration). I might be able to force another piece of weatherstripping under the original and see if that works but others have had success with the Toyota replacement piece.

·
A-Team Moderator
8,977 Posts
No, just foam and the rubber trim. My NSSE lost the bottom rubber trim, it vibrated at 60. The Glass shop replaced the rubber trim, it stopped.

Some chaulk it with silicone, but you better leave drain holes.

Search my posts, I've posted new and used/takeoffs pix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts