Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully I haven't missed the thread if this has already been a topic...

I'm looking for information from fellow 2011 owners, vendors, whiz kids and information gods. I am having a heck of a time finding certain mods for my 2011. Obviously we're early into the year, but I would hoping/assuming there would be plenty of options. In particular, I'm looking for CAI and exhaust options. My contact at my Toyota dealership tells me that the TRD CAI is discontinued... true? Also, he is the only source I have found for buying the TRD exhaust. Only because other vendors (TRDSparks, etc.) don't show it listed as an option for the 2011.

ANY HELP???

Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
The factory intake is a cold air intake so no need to spend extra/unneeded money. There is a mod that you can do to remove the air baffles on the intake and then buy a new high flow air filter, such as AFE. Then you will have the equivalent of a TRD intake.

Every exhaust will fit any FJ. If you use trdsparks just look at 2010 for parts and everything for that will fit the 2011.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, I am on my fourth Fj, had 2 55's and this is my second Fj40, a 73 model (love the no door trim all steel finish better) I have owned four because of an accident in my first one, a head on with a brand new 96 nissan patrol, crushed the patrol half way back to the windscreen and scratched my bullbar. Knowing this was the safest car on the planet and that i would drive it in a head on with a hummer as a contest with no fear of injury, how do the new FJ's stack up, are they tough or plastic and tin foil outer?

PS love the look of them anyway:cheers:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Get th 09 and below TRD Cat back....will fit perfect on the 2011.

Intake options are either to plug the sound baffle openings and run a hi flow filter drop in or get the 2011 K & N 77 series intake.

I got the 77 series and it sounds and drives awsome

·
Registered
206 Posts
whatever fits the 10 will fit the 11..
as for the Intake there is a thread called free Mods or something like that, that explains what u need for a TRD like intake. u just need a performance filter, i did it myself and got the AFE Pro Dry S.
As for exhausts, every exhaust will fit.

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The factory intake is a cold air intake so no need to spend extra/unneeded money. There is a mod that you can do to remove the air baffles on the intake and then buy a new high flow air filter, such as AFE. Then you will have the equivalent of a TRD intake.

Every exhaust will fit any FJ. If you use trdsparks just look at 2010 for parts and everything for that will fit the 2011.
I guess I just wanted to be able to have some accountability. If the vendor has it listed under a 2011 and there's a problem, then they're liable. If they have it listed under a 2009 or something and it doesn't work, they'll be able to say, "Ya, you have a 2011 and bought something for a 2009." I definitely hear what you're saying and appreciate the advice!! Thanks!!! :wave:

Hi guys, I am on my fourth Fj, had 2 55's and this is my second Fj40, a 73 model (love the no door trim all steel finish better) I have owned four because of an accident in my first one, a head on with a brand new 96 nissan patrol, crushed the patrol half way back to the windscreen and scratched my bullbar. Knowing this was the safest car on the planet and that i would drive it in a head on with a hummer as a contest with no fear of injury, how do the new FJ's stack up, are they tough or plastic and tin foil outer?

PS love the look of them anyway:cheers:
This is my first FJ and I've only had it for a few weeks, but I love it!! And going off of everyone's experience here in this forum, it sounds like reliability and toughness won't be an issue with these. Though... I'm not sure anyone has tried the head on with a hummer!! :rofl: Let us know if you decide to try it out!!

Get th 09 and below TRD Cat back....will fit perfect on the 2011.

Intake options are either to plug the sound baffle openings and run a hi flow filter drop in or get the 2011 K & N 77 series intake.

I got the 77 series and it sounds and drives awsome
It sounds like the TRD cat back is the way to go. I don't think I've heard one negative about it!! Though I will say I don't really like the looks of it! I typically like side exit on exhausts, but I think the single exit out the back of the FJ looks awesome!! Thanks for the input!! I'm going to look into that K&N 77 series. :cheers:

Thank you for the info!! That thread is great!!! Not sure how I missed it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I will be installing an exhaust mod. The company guarantees 10% increase in fuel economy,15% power and 20% reduction in emissions. My high school buddy invented it. This will be going world wide. His test vehicle was a 2000 dodge police interceptor. It went from 16mpg to 20 mpg. I will post pictures and more information after I try it out. I will ask him if we can get a deal with a group buy. I have to try it out before I will let out any more information. It sounds too good to be true. So I will be the guinea pig.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Hi,

I am kind of new to things here... just got an '11 FJ and was looking at the K and N CAI.... but then I was confused by this post which makes it sound as if there is already a CAI factory installed??

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi,

I am kind of new to things here... just got an '11 FJ and was looking at the K and N CAI.... but then I was confused by this post which makes it sound as if there is already a CAI factory installed??
yes the factory intake is a TRD like intake. so all you need is a performance panel filter and check the thread link in my last post to get rid of the baffles. :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts