Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was waiting for my tires to get rotated I shot some pics for you guys. Enjoy. The colors are definitely different. The green is well umm armier? (More retro) The silver is darker, the sandstorm (or whatever) is darker and the blue is.... well... gayer. Anyway.. Here ya go.

All but the blue were the all new for 2011 Limited-Terrain Edition Hot Rod FJ's with the Pirelli Diablo Tires. Can someone please explain why the All-Terrain FJ comes with street tires? Seriously?

Oh and fair warning.. If anyone quotes me and includes all the photos Layonnn the mod will kill you. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
While I was waiting for my tires to get rotated I shot some pics for you guys. Enjoy. The colors are definitely different. The green is well umm armier? (More retro) The silver is darker, the sandstorm (or whatever) is darker and the blue is.... well... gayer. Anyway.. Here ya go.

All but the blue were the all new for 2011 Limited-Terrain Edition Hot Rod FJ's with the Pirelli Diablo Tires. Can someone please explain why the All-Terrain FJ comes with street tires? Seriously?

Oh and fair warning.. If anyone quotes me and includes all the photos Layonnn the mod will kill you. :bigthumb:
If I were to get another FJ, I think I would go with the dark silver. :cheers::rocker::king:

·
Registered
245 Posts
just less for more money. My 08 has the off road package and included all listed in this off road package plus my 16" aluminum wheels and BFG rugged trail tires for less money. My tires will easily last 60k miles as they are only half worn at 35k.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just less for more money. My 08 has the off road package and included all listed in this off road package plus my 16" aluminum wheels and BFG rugged trail tires for less money. My tires will easily last 60k miles as they are only half worn at 35k.
My 2010 All-Terrain came with everything this thing has, plus 16" Alloys, BFG Rugged Trails (Which I for one have been decently impressed with), Towing Package, Passenger Arm Rest, and Mats for a lot less than this. I'm actually glad I didn't wait for the 11's. Oh well... I heard the steering wheel is an option on the 2012 and it's $820.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I fussed and fussed during my purchase of the 2011 silver that I could not get the AT tires when I was buying a 4x4 with A-trac and locking diff. Or you could get a TRD without any of the inside goodies. I opted for the non TRD since I knew I'd spend money to upgrade suspension and tires before I'd upgrade the radio, or wire up an invertor.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
The new quicksand is finally the shade of tan that they should have made.

Thanks for taking the pics and allowing my eyes to take delivery of the new colors. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
The silver doesn't look any different than what they switched to in 2009 (at least to me).

I'll have to cruise by a dealership and see, but I don't think they've gone to a 3rd shade of silver (Titanium in 07/08 and Fresco in 09/10).

·
Registered
77 Posts
out of those colors...id have to go with the dark silver as well...even tho i still dig all white!....nice job on getting all the colors!...Ill stick with the bfgs thank you

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
the green is the same too, no?

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The new quicksand is finally the shade of tan that they should have made.

Thanks for taking the pics and allowing my eyes to take delivery of the new colors. ;)
My pleasure.. I do what I can to provide others with the chance to take delivery of all things.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I've never seen so many steelies on a stealership property. Musta just gotten off the slow boat from Japan.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It occurred to me later in the evening that I can't really believe that Toyota thinks the average FJ customer wants to spend 30k+ for a vehicle with steel wheels. I know I know... There are certain die-hards who love them for an array of practical reasons, but lets be honest, the average Joe doesn't spend 30k on a vehicle with donuts on it.

I don't know.. I could be wrong but since I'm a 2010 All-Terrain customer, I for one can say that if I had waited till 2011, I wouldn't have gone All-Terrain. And even then I would've been left with bad choices. I could have gone with the upgrade 4-runner whatever wheels which I despise or wait and buy a TT to get the TRD wheels and options... Either that or the TRD model which I suppose since I've found is available in a 4WD, would've been my preferred choice anyway...

So the moral of the story is... Damn I want a TRD. No... Actually I just want the damn anthracite TRD wheels. But I can't find them!

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I think the steel wheels make it look more geared for offroad. I think that was the purpose. To have that military style look.
It's probably one of my favorite wheels, i just wish it was in a 16x8 rather than 17.
Jeep did the exact same thing with the J8s.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think the steel wheels make it look more geared for offroad. I think that was the purpose. To have that military style look.
It's probably one of my favorite wheels, i just wish it was in a 16x8 rather than 17.
I couldn't agree with your more on the size.. And honestly I think it looks good on this jeep... and that it CAN look good on an FJ... But not a stock FJ and definitely not one with street tires... Ya know what... Scratch that... I think if they had thrown BFG All-Terrains on, they would look great... That's all it needs... Stock FJ... Steel 16" wheels... BFG All-Terrains and bang, now you've got a military looking rugged off road vehicle that will appeal to customers..

Toyota are you hiring? Oh yeah? No, sorry my head isn't currently in my ass. That's a prerequisite? Oh well, at least I tried.

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts

:stickpoke:

Yeah....Jeep sure knows how to appeal to the off-roader

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:flamed:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Still like the all white which is why I picked it :) The new blue looks really good though. They should have done that one a long time ago. I'd like to see a red one now.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts