Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's only 4 hours and 39 miles old and my first Toyota. I did a lot of research prior, and honestly was expecting more cabin noise and less creature comforts. I was really impressed with the quiet, smooth ride. It is so much quieter than the Colorado Z71 I traded in. My wife was very leery, not her taste, but the ride and interior won her over. I don't drive her Odessy, she doesn't drive my FJ

Got the upgraded sound and head unit (bluetooth, XM), roof rack.. trailer hitch and step boards (black.. not running boards) will be installed next week. Black looks really good on this color.

The only negative I found in the reviews to be fairly accurate is the blind spots. More mirror use and less looking over my shoulder. The backup camera is going to take a while to get used to.

·
Premium Member
16,938 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
congrats on the new rig and welcome to the gang.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Welcome! Anxious to see the color... Get a pic with a Sandstorm some time and post it up! I am curious to see the difference.

The back-up camera is really great once you get used to it. Pretty soon you'll be confidently parallel parking and the person behind you will be completely freaking out because you will be so comfy getting close while maneuvering, trust me! I have not wanted to scare anyone but it's happened 3 times, including once by a good friend of mine...ok ok that might have been intentional :rofl:

Enjoy it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts