Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the new radio that Toyota put into the 2011 FJ. I'm wondering if it would be possible to add the 2011 radio into a 2008 FJ? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
The 2011 is so new, it probably hasn't been attempted yet. I'm thinking most of it would work as long it's the same connector on the back of the radio. They've added bluetooth and USB since 2008 so those features may not work. The steering wheel controls are also different. Give it a try and let us know how you make out. You'll probably be the first.

·
Registered
538 Posts
The 2011 is so new, it probably hasn't been attempted yet. I'm thinking most of it would work as long it's the same connector on the back of the radio. They've added bluetooth and USB since 2008 so those features may not work. The steering wheel controls are also different. Give it a try and let us know how you make out. You'll probably be the first.
Don't forget all the 2011 radios have speech recognition for the Bluetooth as well as XM built in, so at the very least there are three connectors - mic, USB/AUX and XM antenna - that would go unused.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! The list of hurdles are starting, now the homework begins. So far my list of new parts are a 2011 radio, new USB/AUX outlet, XM antenna and a mic cord. May need a new steering wheel or faceplate for bluetooth. Well, I guess it is cheaper, so far, than a new FJ. "Slave to the Grind".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts