Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can that head unit with the built in bluetooth system be used in a 2010? I'm trying to decide if I just get that or do I swap out the entire system for a better headunit with fancier features.

(Sigh, just realized I asked this question last week. Clearly I need more coffee...sorry for the spam.)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Bump on this question....

I was wondering the same thing.... Also curious if the 2011 HE has more power, thus eliminating the possible need for an amp...

A better option might be to just buy an aftermarket HE - likely better quality, more features and cost less...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Note that both the standard and JBL Upgrade Package head ends for 2011 have Bluetooth, XM and iPod connectivity.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
having a 2011 ftw... but im not even using my ipod because xm subscription rocks...

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
I am sure if someone were nice enough to pull their 2011 FJammer and take photos of the plugs and harnesses, you can compare it with an older version of the FJammer.

But even if the the plugs/harnesses are a bit different, I am sure you could get it to work in an older FJ. Think about it, lots of folks have replaced theirs with after market units, so how is this any different?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
also you guys can stream music through Bluetooth as well with this head unit but you need the steering controls as well as you need it to initiate the head unit... i really dont want to tear into my one week old car... but if no one else does i might help you all out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts