Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of my New 2011 Green Fj 19 miles on it. I know Pics, tomorrow.
I had to take what I could get on this allocation it has everything i wanted except the hitch.
I like how the toyota hitch looks a bit more integrated vs a reese or another aftermarket hitch but there is a huge price diff for the Toyota dealer installed hitch and wiring harness.
Suggestions?

I enjoy the forum and cant wait to contribute something.

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
Check Expedition one for the best hitch solution I've found. (and cheaper than the OEM hitch) You will still need the harness though.

·
Premium Member
16,932 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I will ck the Expedition 1
I found the factory hitch kits and a install video too looks like a snap and about the same price as a reese.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome! Love the AG!

Something to think about when buying a hitch: if you are planning on doing any off-roading, find a hitch with good ground clearance so it does not affect your departure angle. The factory hitch tucks up nice and tight against the bumper and if you check the sale forum, one can be had for $50-100. Let the mods begin!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome to the forum................the OEM hitch does give a good departure angle & ground clearance.

I'm in east Tennessee.....what part of the state are you located?? :wave:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Welcome. Read, ask, decide what you want to be able to do. Then do the mods right. Great bunch here to help.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Was it a mexican coke in a glass bottle? If it was, then I'll forgive you and allow you take delivery of at least one of those a day... BUT, if it was a crapfest syrupy american coke in a plastic bottle then you will be punished!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts