Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i have read the threads about the seatbelt buzzer, changing radio colors, and other hacks...
I have also read that these are in the manual.

Well.... not in the 2011 FJ.

So, who knows how to do any of this in a 2011?

If I try the seatbelt hack....

Key on, turn ODO to ODO...
Key Off,
Key On,
Press and hold ODO,
15 seconds, plug in belt,
Let go of ODO,
.... Nothing...

So I tried...
Key off, press and hold ODO,
Key on...
When i do this, flashing lines show up, count down, then "00000" shows up and disappears.

I followed the rest of the steps, and still nothing....

So, who can solve that one?

And the radio color... is that just a hoax, or does it work? I have the 6 disc/ XM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
this is what some one passed me.
Key On,
Press and hold ODO for10 seconds
plug in belt for seconds while pressing ODO and remove belt,
when pressing ODO message will appear on/off change to off.
i hope it works.
regards

·
Registered
69 Posts
dealer in Las Vegas told me it's against the law for it to be turned off.... The service writer was kinda a dick to me... As I was walking away he made commit to me that " thats how it came when you bought it " this being said after our conversation was over. I considered turning back around and asking to speak to manager but, figured saying anything more wouldn't do any good. I will never return to DESSERT TOYOTA again though. I just came to ask a question I don't need some punk and his 2 cents and commits I just need yes or no hell even an I don't know. Anyway good luck figuring out the alarm shut off. I'm still looking for a way to do it too.

·
fka rsidey
926 Posts
I feel for ya. That chime was a real b!tch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts