Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I have a new 2011 FJ with the hands free Bluetooth system connected to my Motorola Droid X. I have several contacts entered into the FJ's system phonebook. When I page through the phone numbers, the display (on the stereo) show's the number, but shows "No Name" above the number.

I have associated names to each number via voice commands, but it's still not showing on the display. Can anyone tell me how to get the display to show the respective name associated with the number?

Thanks,
fjtravlr

·
Registered
483 Posts
i wish i had that but it wasnt available on the 08s or anything before that lol maybe hit the text button it could change through the list

·
Registered
69 Posts
Was there a resolution to this? I have a droid and was just searching the forums to make sure there wasn't any problems pairing the phone to the standard stereo with Bluetooth. By the looks of this thread it's possible but there may be issues?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2011 with JBL System. Using an iPhone 4. Have phone connecting Bluetooth, built-in iPhone 'iPod' playing Bluetooth Streaming Audio, Garmin Street Pilot app.

I have phonebook list showing up. Name has been entered by voice. List displays with telephone number and the same "No Name".

Seems I have exactly the same problem.

·
Registered
449 Posts
:bump:

Wanted to bring it forward; anyone found a solution to the "No Name" entry in the phonebook on the stock radio?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I believe the only way to get names to appear is if you have the ability to transfer phonebook entries to the FJ via Bluetooth (I don't know about Droids but iPhones can't do this as Apple doesn't support the Bluetooth phonebook data transfer facility.)

You won't get names for manually entered phone numbers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So... I have an Android. Being that the Apple communist Nazi problem isn't an issue for me, how do you download your phone book to the FJ?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'd struggled with this for several months with my '12 TT - never figured it out. Then, went here:

Toyota.com - Connect

and it confirmed what was posted, Apple is not compatable and unless they can be uploaded with Bluetooth, the names won't show.
Thanks for the Connect link; I guess I need a new phone to get "names".

PS... Nice choice with the FJ! :rocker:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts