Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my 2011 4x4 Quicksand FJ last week. It is expected at the dealership the week of 4/4.

I am very eager!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Long wait indeed!

That week (4/4) is the week of my birthday, so I have my fingers crossed for an awesome present!

This will be my daily driver, more of a suburban rig. Not many opportunities for off-roading in my area unfortunately. Been flipping through sites looking at some of the more appropriate modifications. Yikes!:lol:

·
Premium Member
16,932 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Congrats! I got mine a month ago and my daily driver BMW has been nearly abandoned. Never imagined that would happen.

Why the long wait? Factory special order?

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Congrats!!!

And welcome!!!

:cheers:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Why the long wait? Factory special order?
It is.

The couple of trucks that were available to the dealership had things I really wasn't interested in. Carpeted floor mats, storage bags, nets. One truck had the CAT back exhaust. Felt like I would be paying for things I was going to be replacing or could buy aftermarket for a lot less cash.

I don't mind the wait when I realized I saved a pretty decent amount of money by doing so.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I saw this color the other day, I might like it more than Sandstorm. :(

Congrats!

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome!

It is.

The couple of trucks that were available to the dealership had things I really wasn't interested in. Carpeted floor mats, storage bags, nets. One truck had the CAT back exhaust. Felt like I would be paying for things I was going to be replacing or could buy aftermarket for a lot less cash.

I don't mind the wait when I realized I saved a pretty decent amount of money by doing so.
I'm surprised they couldn't find what you wanted in a dealer trade. I probably shouldn't have, but I asked the dealer to find me a Quicksand with factory roof rack and rock rails. The rails are ok, but I'd rather have one of the Baja Racks. I figured it would save me from explaining to my wife why UPS delivered another large, heavy box for the FJ. It's funny, though, after I lifted it at a friend's place and brought it home she never noticed the extra effort of climbing in, or at least didn't mention it. :)

Here are a couple pics I just took after letting the Arizona rain wash the FJ overnight. Just seems wrong to use a hose or carwash. :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome... the waiting is the hardest part.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Found out late yesterday afternoon that the truck I ordered has hit the port. Should have it in three weeks or so.

It must have shipped out just a day or so ahead of the tragic events that occurred a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi
I have also ordered my Cruiser in Quicksand colour here in Australia,i have been told to expect a wait of up to 3 months,please post plenty of pictures when you take delivery,it will help my wait go a little bit quicker
regards
AUSSIE CRUISER:cheers:

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm surprised they couldn't find what you wanted in a dealer trade. I probably shouldn't have, but I asked the dealer to find me a Quicksand with factory roof rack and rock rails. The rails are ok, but I'd rather have one of the Baja Racks. I figured it would save me from explaining to my wife why UPS delivered another large, heavy box for the FJ. It's funny, though, after I lifted it at a friend's place and brought it home she never noticed the extra effort of climbing in, or at least didn't mention it. :)

Here are a couple pics I just took after letting the Arizona rain wash the FJ overnight. Just seems wrong to use a hose or carwash. :cheers:
Looks good. What lift did you do? Did you up the tire size as well with the BFG AT/KOs? Liking this color a lot, especially in Southwest.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts