Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,

Proud owner of a brand new 2011 Iceberg w/ Upgrade Package. It has the new subwoofer, but looks like there is not a subwoofer on/off switch like in previous years.

Can anyone confirm that this is the new design? Want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks!

-rumbleph1sh

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a similar rig with the same package and I there is no subwoofer switch that I have found. I had the same question and have looked around for one, but found nothing.

Congrats on the new rig! Hope you love yours as much as I love mine!:rocker:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've driven a few 2011 FJs and I've seen the switch. Of course the one I took home didn't and I'm going to have to ask the dealer why not as it has the upgraded sound.

·
Registered
627 Posts
The new 2011 audio system runs on a LAN that sends signals to a small amp in the back that powers the sub and rear pillar speakers. There is no way to switch it off as far as I know. I sat in an FJ with the upgrade JBL package last week at the dealership, and I went through all the options on the menu of the head end unit. I found no way to disable the sub from the head end unit, and verified there was no on/off switch on the switch panel.

Another member here removed the 2011 sub because he did not want it, and the whole system quit working due to the LAN communication being disrupted. I wish I knew the outcome. Whoever that was, please post the result and whether you were able to successfully remove the 2011 sub.

Also, anyone removing the 2011 sub, I may be interested in taking it off your hands. Send me a message if you want to get rid of your 2011 sub.

-FJ Florida-

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have the new 11 with JBL system too the only thing you can do is turn down the base all the way...no switch off:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts