Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this could be posted in the Official Summit section of the Forum...but, I want to bring this to the attention to all of my fellow FJ'ers here in the Southeast US....I have been checking the Official Summit website each day and have been looking at the "Who's coming to the FJ Summit" map and have noticed that there are only 2 of us from North Carolina - that are representing the entire Southeast (TN, AL, FL, GA, SC, NC, VA, WV)

Anyone else plan on going but not yet registered? Just curious...:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I got nine trucks (FJ Bruisers) from VA, WV, MD, PA, and KY going. We're all registered.
Oh, cool....I was looking here: FJSummit 2011 National Meet

(Wasn't counting MD, PA, and KY in the Southeast either... and as you can see by the map I was looking at, on the Summit site, it doesn't look like the VA and WV are included.)

:cheers:

·
fka GW193
1,390 Posts
Yea, It looks kinda bare from the southeast. I represented MS for the 08 Summit, then moved to VA on military orders, been driving from here ever since. I guess we would more accurately be descibed as Mid-Atlantic. I'm sure it will pick up soon, there are probablely a lot of people waiting to see how expensive it's going to be to make the trip. With the economy and jobs sucking these days it may have put a bunch of folks off. It's kinda tough feeding the beast for 4000 miles for a vacation.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well, I am definitely going (already paid registration and reserved room), and 3 others from my NC group have said they are going. I will have to see if they are registered or not. My brother is flying down to NC from PA and is riding out with me as well...

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
470 Posts
I plan on going. I got in a motorcycle accident (thankfully I'm fine), but all my money has gone toward fixing my bike and painting it. I'll register in may for sure.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yea, It looks kinda bare from the southeast. I represented MS for the 08 Summit, then moved to VA on military orders, been driving from here ever since. I guess we would more accurately be descibed as Mid-Atlantic. I'm sure it will pick up soon, there are probablely a lot of people waiting to see how expensive it's going to be to make the trip. With the economy and jobs sucking these days it may have put a bunch of folks off. It's kinda tough feeding the beast for 4000 miles for a vacation.
Yea I'm watching the fuel prices myself, but really want to go.:cheers:

·
Registered
543 Posts
I really want to go. The budget is really tight. Will likely bring my Dad with me if I go. I have not registered yet. Hotel bookings look pretty tight at this time as well.

I'll be watching closely!!!

E

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Yea I'm watching the fuel prices myself, but really want to go.:cheers:
x2

If gas is $4 a gallon, it would cost me a minimum of $850 just for gas.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
when I went in 2008 gas prices were elevated then too, just not this bad. I was also in Moab for like 3 or 4 days prior to the summit. My gas expense alone was about $1900. And I started in Roanoke, VA. I figure the same trip now would cost me about $2100-$2200

·
Registered
543 Posts
With prices continuing to rise, I figure this might be my last chance to make this trip in the FJ. So I've registered and have booked a room for myself and my Father. I'm going to make this trip... one way or another.

x2

If gas is $4 a gallon, it would cost me a minimum of $850 just for gas.

·
Registered
319 Posts
No way I can pull this off this year with the economy and gas. Its killing me but Im going to make next year no matter what. To all going enjoy and post up your pics.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I plan on going. I got in a motorcycle accident (thankfully I'm fine), but all my money has gone toward fixing my bike and painting it. I'll register in may for sure.
Everything ok Fonnie? You really need to pick just one dangerous hobby.... LOL

:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
With prices continuing to rise, I figure this might be my last chance to make this trip in the FJ. So I've registered and have booked a room for myself and my Father. I'm going to make this trip... one way or another.
I agree....I know gas is steep....but my brother is flying in from Pittsburgh and we are going, on what will probably be our only "brother road trip" for a looong time...just me and him...(the wife doesn't like shelf roads.....) If the Summit lives on, it will be me and my son (who is now 4) in the future...

So, I am ready to go....at this time, I am blessed and fortunate enough to currently have a decent job and some "extra" cash with which to make the trip.... Who knows what the future holds, so I am seizing the moment while I can....

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
I was about to post a similar thread until I saw this one. Seriously, I know gas prices are up there; however, there is more participation from Canada than the Southeast. I know it is a longer drive from Vancouver.

I would think Florida and Georgia would have tons of people going. I also thought there was a whole group of people in the Smokey Mountain Cruisers that went every year.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was about to post a similar thread until I saw this one. Seriously, I know gas prices are up there; however, there is more participation from Canada than the Southeast. I know it is a longer drive from Vancouver.

I would think Florida and Georgia would have tons of people going. I also thought there was a whole group of people in the Smokey Mountain Cruisers that went every year.
Yeah...no kidding...just checked the Summit map and the Southeast still looks anemic....looks like the rest of the country is going....come on SE'sters....

:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Southeast still lookin thin!!!

TWO from NC!?!?

ONE from Georgia!?!?

Come on guys!!!

:bandit:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts