Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm talking with a dealership about getting my name on the list for a 2011 TT...

I'm very happy with the price structure (set amount over invoice), but since the MSRP / invoice isn't technically out yet and I can't build one on the website, I don't want to make an ordering mistake and have something show up that isn't what I wanted.

Basically, can I be assured that the TT will have all the options listed in in the Convenience and Upgrade Packages? Is there anything I should be aware of and be sure to tell him I want?

It looks like all I should need to do is order a 2011 4x4 auto TT (SE I guess is how it shows to toyota dealers) and they'll all be the same?

I'm supposed to confirm with him tomorrow. I'm 99% sure I'm doing it... a little apprehensive about the wait time. He said March is his expectation but that is nothing official.

Ps. I'm very new to FJs, so sorry for such a basic Q

·
Registered
39 Posts
Toyota does have a habit of dropping items. The 2010 TT did not come with front skid plates or all weather mats. I believe they were shown in the brochure but not listed on the spec sheet. The one other option I can think of is the 2010 TT does not come with the rear parking assist sensor (backup alarm).

I would make your sales guy to a little extra work and write out what options you/he thinks should be included on the TT and make the final sale contingent on what it arrives with.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If all it is missing is a skidplate and some mats, I'm ok with that. I just don't want it to show up and find out it is missing a 2nd package containing cruise control or something.

Part of the reason I'm not buying a 2010 TT is because of the sensors. I'm crossing my fingers on the 2011. It is for my wife and she will need the beeping to keep from hitting things.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
If all it is missing is a skidplate and some mats, I'm ok with that. I just don't want it to show up and find out it is missing a 2nd package containing cruise control or something.

Part of the reason I'm not buying a 2010 TT is because of the sensors. I'm crossing my fingers on the 2011. It is for my wife and she will need the beeping to keep from hitting things.
The 2010 model of FJ comes with a backup camera, eliminating the need for the backup sensor....I mean I have a '10 TT and the camera works fine...I also have a 2008 Honda Odyssey with backup camera AND backup sensors ....which I turn off, b/c "seeing is believing" and there is no need for "backup sensors" if you have eyes..... ;)

:wave:

·
Registered
334 Posts
The 2010 model of FJ comes with a backup camera, eliminating the need for the backup sensor....I mean I have a '10 TT and the camera works fine...I also have a 2008 Honda Odyssey with backup camera AND backup sensors ....which I turn off, b/c "seeing is believing" and there is no need for "backup sensors" if you have eyes..... ;):
I agree, I have a 2010 TT and another car with sensors but no rear camera. I feel much more confident with the TT, even with the tiny screen in the mirror. You do not need the sensors - and there are only 2, so I am not sure you can trust them for catching anything on an angle that you might clip with the edge of the bumper.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hello Everyone, I am in the market for an FJ and really want the Trail Team SE. I currently live in Long Island and will be moving to Maryland Early August. I know we are kind-of in the dark as far as the TT goes, but do you think I could possibly get one by August or Sept? I would really appreciate your opinions. Thank you so much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts