Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an update? Its May. Im really starting to think there will be none..

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
You're probably thinking correctly - which nowadays is pretty scarce.

It would seem that by May most factories would be re-tooling for next year. Although the Japanese factories have more than a full plate to deal with since the quake etc.

Jerry:cheers:

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So your thinking there won't be any? I'm trying to decide if I should grab this NSSE the dealer has left..

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
If a TT SE is what you want, than wait. Its not too late for production (or arrival) of these vehicles. There is a lot of hysteria around the TT SE. There isn't any reason to think there won't be any. FJs will be made. The truth is they can make TTSEs as easy as they can make a quicksand with an upgrade package, so unless TMC is shutting down all production of FJs you are likely to see TTSEs this year. Patience is tough, thats why it is considered a virtue.

·
Premium Member
6,611 Posts
what is it that the TT will have that you cant get and install yourself at probably a cheaper price.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Unfortunately...like I said, I think they blew the whole 3200 and there will be no TTSE for 2010. I hope Im wrong because TT's are awesome. But when you consider that the fact that no one has seen one, there are a lot of NSSE's out there, and compound that with a tragic disaster.....odds are not good.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
what is it that the TT will have that you cant get and install yourself at probably a cheaper price.
Not one single thing,...... except maybe a TT badge, which can be purchased elsewhere.

Jerry :cheers:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I can relate to your situation. Due to all of the uncertainty, I had to ask myself why I really wanted a TT....really, how important was it considering the existence of the NSSE? The beauty of the NSSE is that it has the most important bones of the TT - at least in my eyes. It has the right exterior and interior color and a very good mix of the convenience and upgrade packages without all the cost! Even if I bought a TT, I knew that I would be upgrading the tires and adding suspension lift as soon as I wore out what came from the factory....so, ehhhh I just moved up that replacement schedule. I really don't care about the badging, the power outlet left a lot to be desired, and I could live without having the guage cluster if that was the only thing I had to sacrifice. I actually love the steelies, so I'm not going to be replacing those anytime soon....but they would be so easy to sell (like I did my stock tires for a good sum of $$) if I wanted to upgrade.
Plus, you can finally stop worrying!!!! That counts for a lot...no more stress and forehead bashing over every speculation or piece of news....instead you can just relax and have an awesome summer with an amazing vehicle!!!
Even if TT's magically appeared right now, I wouldn't regret my decision. Soooo, yeah, I can't express how happy I am with the NSSE. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I guess one thing that I didn't mention would be the exclusivity aspect of the TTs. If a few TTs are produced this year, then they might be worth more money to a collector or a really passionate FJ seeker down the line if you sell it.
And, you'd having some bragging rights around here, too....

For me, those things weren't the most important considering that it was too difficult to tell if one would ever exist and the NSSE supply was dwindling!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts